PDA

View Full Version : propane hot water not working

ohiocougar
05-16-2016, 06:37 AM
First off I apologize if this is a repeat question, I searched but did not find it. My hot water tank is not working after I de-winterized. Probably my mistake but I forgot to turn the water bypass off and turned on the propane button inside the rv. I did not hear the propane kick on but with the furnace running I might have missed it. It was turned on about 30 - 45 minutes before I realized my mistake. Any ideas on what I need to do to make it work. New element? Last year the electric portion quit working and we didn't fix it because we knew we had the propane as an option. Now we have nothing :banghead: It is a suburban SW6DEL model. Thanks!

JRTJH
05-16-2016, 06:48 AM
Try pressing the "black rubber" thermostat reset button located in the "outside water heater door"... And as for the electric element, you can remove the current one, go to most any "big box store" (or even ACE hardware) and get a replacement for about $10. Five minutes, a crescent wrench and some Teflon tape and you'll be back in business. Be sure to get a "110 volt" (not a 220 volt) element...

ohiocougar
05-23-2016, 09:45 AM
Thanks John - Reset the propane and that is working, will tackle the element later on

chuckster57
05-23-2016, 12:44 PM
Most elements have a fat O ring to seal them. 1 1/2" thin wall socket is what we use. I bought mine at AutoZone for $19.00.

Pull Toy
05-23-2016, 02:17 PM
Want all the hot water you can ever use? .... RUN propane and electric together. You may get a very little "blow by" at the pressure relief valve, but the 20 minute showers are worth it after 18 holes of Frisbee Golf! F-O-R-E!!!