PDA

View Full Version : Dump black tank in septic.

KSH
05-14-2016, 05:25 PM
Any issue having a plumber come out and give me a way to dump and flush my black tank into my septic tank?
Is it too much water at once? What variables would I need to know?

chuckster57
05-14-2016, 05:33 PM
I would read the label of any black tank treatments you use to make sure they are compatible with septic systems.

I don't have any information about the effects of dumping 40+ gallons at one time into a septic tank.

Laredo291OH
05-14-2016, 05:44 PM
I can get my camper over to the lids for my septic, have dumped it there several times. Don't like traveling with "stuff" in the black tank. Sometimes do the big holidays at campgrounds that are close, the lines to dump are extremely long, easier to come home to take care of it.

theeyres
05-14-2016, 07:40 PM
I can't imagine there would be any problem with this.

JRTJH
05-14-2016, 07:47 PM
Dumping 40 gallons into the septic system isn't a big deal. Most often flushing the "stick built" toilet two or three times and draining the kid's bath water will equal as much volume, and we do that every day...

The big caution, as Chuckster indicated is making sure your black tank chemicals are compatible with septic use. Many of the "blue" chemical additives are formaldehyde based and can cause some significant problems with a septic system. Otherwise, dumping an RV black tank into a "healthy" septic system shouldn't cause any problems.

Desert185
05-14-2016, 08:10 PM
I have a friend who's been doing it for decades. No problems.

hankaye
05-15-2016, 06:18 AM
KSH, Howdy;

The Park where I live (full-timing), in a previous life was a Mobil Home Park.
The set-up, as explained by the Manager (son of founder), is that every 2
Mobile Homes shared a tank. Now that this is an RV Park, the sites were
divided into 2 RV sites. So, ... that equates into 4 RVs dumping into 1 tank.
In the section that I live in everyone has been here at least 2 years now,
everyone does their normal dumps and no problems ... so far but the Park
has been here since the mid '70s and been RV since the '90s.

hankaye

KSH
05-15-2016, 07:16 AM
I'm glad it doesn't sound like an issue. I don't use any chemicals in my black tank, just flush it really good.
So do I need a special connection or just dump down the observation port?
I guess my primary concern was putting in too much water at once that could potentially move undigested stuff from the first septic tank to the second.

hankaye
05-15-2016, 11:02 AM
KSH, Howdy;

Sounds like a question for your Septic tech.

hankaye

Murphsmom
05-15-2016, 12:46 PM
When we built our home, we had full hookups installed at the end of the garage. We dumped the black tank into the septic system for the entire 20 years we lived there. No problems with it. Our septic service guy also told us that one way to "feed" the bacteria in the septic tank was to flush some raw meat down occasionally. I would just put the chicken giblets down the toilet, plus a bit of sourdough start on occasion.

chuckster57
05-15-2016, 01:39 PM
Sourdough starter? That's blasphemy I say!!!

Mine is going on 18 years old.

hankaye
05-15-2016, 05:39 PM
Howdy All;

Rid-X works well as does a package of yeast. Just need to feed the microbes
every once-in-awhile.

hankaye

Murphsmom
05-16-2016, 05:48 AM
Sourdough starter? That's blasphemy I say!!!

Mine is going on 18 years old.
Sometimes there was a bit left over from the waffle making. Once I lost the entire thing and had to start over. Got a new start from the neighbor and sent the smelly old one down the tank.

Pull Toy
05-16-2016, 02:19 PM
What did you call it? (Love Chicken an' waffles) Chicken a 'la ......................................!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

LUV that Cajun cookin' .... Don't ask what it is..., just enjoy!!!

Murphsmom
05-16-2016, 05:50 PM
What did you call it? (Love Chicken an' waffles) Chicken a 'la ......................................!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

LUV that Cajun cookin' .... Don't ask what it is..., just enjoy!!!

LOL! Will I get banned if I say that an early camping dish we used to make was called Chicken ala Kaka? It was like dirty rice with all the giblets, etc. I never did have the nerve to ask what was actually in it!