PDA

View Full Version : Shower Head

Sherwolfe
05-11-2016, 12:24 PM
Interested in putting in a better shower head. I recognize that with TT plumbing you are likely to get a strong water flow like at home, however, I also have been hearing about some types of RV shower heads that have a shut off and do a better job than the factory installed ones.

The one in my Cougar does have a shut off, or at least puts the water at a trickle to save water, but the pressure is not great when showering. Works good enough but my wife has some issues getting enough water pressure to rinse shampoo out of her hair. She gets it done, but uses a lot of water to feel like all the soap is washed out.

BirchyBoy
05-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Oxygenics supposedly are better. I installed one on day one but cannot compare it to the stock one.

mfifield01
05-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Oxygenics is a lot better than the stock one.

therink
05-11-2016, 02:18 PM
2x Oxygenics. $35 amazon prime.
All shower heads continue to trickle water because of some code. I also put an inline shut off from HD on my hose and it is a positive shut off valve. Push button type. Been using this set up for years and works great. Wife likes it so it must be good.

cpaulsen
05-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Oxygenics for us also. Had one in all 4 5vers we have had. Always have had good pressure and have no shut-off on ours. It does not trickle either.

Tbos
05-11-2016, 03:38 PM
2x Oxygenics. $35 amazon prime.
All shower heads continue to trickle water because of some code. I also put an inline shut off from HD on my hose and it is a positive shut off valve. Push button type. Been using this set up for years and works great. Wife likes it so it must be good.

When you turn it back on does it give you a cold blast?

mfifield01
05-12-2016, 05:58 AM
When you turn it back on does it give you a cold blast?

I get the cold blast. I typically just point it against the wall for a couple of seconds.

Tbos
05-12-2016, 06:32 AM
Cpaulson,
With the extra valve do you still get the blast of cold when you turn it back on?

BirchyBoy
05-12-2016, 06:45 AM
From my understanding, the cold blast comes from not having a valve at a certain point near the hot water heater. There is a short section that is cold and gets pushed out first when a new request for hot water is made.

Sherwolfe
05-12-2016, 06:53 AM
Thanks to everyone for the replies, looks like so far the Oxygenics is the one of choice. So there seems to be a couple of different types of heads, one shows a multi setting head while the other looks like it just has the one setting.

Just on observation it looks like the multi setting type might lose pressure with so many holes, any suggestions on this? I was thinking the smaller head might provide better pressure.

I do appreciate the suggestions and insight as this will help me with a more informed decision.

canesfan
05-12-2016, 07:27 AM
I bought a new shower head on Amazon, not the Oxygenics though, it's just a standard shower head with a cutoff switch, works much better than OEM, still leaks like a waterfall when off with the cutoff switch.

Re the cold blast, it's not the shower head. I just recently watched a YouTube video about it, they put a check valve in one of the lines, I forget which one now, and added a cutoff at the faucet. No more cold blast. Interestingly enough a couple rigs ago I had a hot blast instead of a cold blast.

JRTJH
05-12-2016, 07:50 AM
Thanks to everyone for the replies, looks like so far the Oxygenics is the one of choice. So there seems to be a couple of different types of heads, one shows a multi setting head while the other looks like it just has the one setting.

Just on observation it looks like the multi setting type might lose pressure with so many holes, any suggestions on this? I was thinking the smaller head might provide better pressure.

I do appreciate the suggestions and insight as this will help me with a more informed decision.

I have the same question about Oxgenics new shower head. Currently we have the "old style" with no "changeable spray patterns". It has been a great improvement over the factory shower head. I've seen the newer style in stores, but have not heard any reports comparing it to the old style. So, if anyone has the new Oxygenics multiple spray pattern shower head, how does it compare to the older style?

cpaulsen
05-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Cpaulson,
With the extra valve do you still get the blast of cold when you turn it back on?

No cold blast since I do not use a shut-off.

Tbos
05-13-2016, 08:18 AM
No cold blast since I do not use a shut-off.

Sorry about that. I misread your op. For some reason I thought you added an extra cutoff. Thanks.

GMcKenzie
05-13-2016, 10:12 AM
Can someone post a link the to the Oygenics showerhead most use? I see a few different ones and not sure which works in an RV.

Tbos
05-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Can someone post a link the to the Oygenics showerhead most use? I see a few different ones and not sure which works in an RV.

Ive never figured out how to post a link using my phone. I did an Amazon search for "oxygenics shower head rv" and the 1st one to come up the the "Body Spa 26781" is what I use. Quick easy change that made the shower useful again.

JRTJH
05-13-2016, 10:41 AM
Here's a couple of links:

http://www.amazon.com/ETL-26781-White-Oxygenics-Shower/dp/B00F5MUB66/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1463164748&sr=1-1&keywords=oxygenics+shower+head

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/bodyspa-rv-shower-kit-white/68324

It is available in white, chrome and brushed nickel, so be sure to get the finish you prefer....

gearhead
05-13-2016, 10:55 AM
I'm too lazy to get out of the recliner and go look, does the OEM shower head unscrew from the hose and just screw the new one on?

mfifield01
05-13-2016, 10:57 AM
Yes, it's just threaded on there. I think I used some teflon tape, but it's pretty basic.

Tbos
05-13-2016, 11:03 AM
I'm too lazy to get out of the recliner and go look, does the OEM shower head unscrew from the hose and just screw the new one on?

That is exactly what I did. I saved the new hose for later.

Pull Toy
05-13-2016, 12:15 PM
If we're talking RV Park water pressure, it should be restricted to 35# +/- by your pressure regulator. This is about what you get at home also, so I wouldn't anticipate a noticeable difference..

If we're talking on board 12 volt water pump, your pressure may be less reliable.

GMcKenzie
05-13-2016, 07:54 PM
Here's a couple of links:

http://www.amazon.com/ETL-26781-White-Oxygenics-Shower/dp/B00F5MUB66/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1463164748&sr=1-1&keywords=oxygenics+shower+head

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/bodyspa-rv-shower-kit-white/68324

It is available in white, chrome and brushed nickel, so be sure to get the finish you prefer....

So is the RV one different from a household one?

Found this

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/product/oxygenics-reg-bodyspa-handheld-shower-head/3270823?Keyword=oxygenics

JRTJH
05-13-2016, 08:20 PM
So is the RV one different from a household one?

Found this

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/product/oxygenics-reg-bodyspa-handheld-shower-head/3270823?Keyword=oxygenics

It looks the same and is probably the same, but I noticed that the picture doesn't include the shut off valve. That's another $10 I believe...... The description states it comes with a "comfort control valve to adjust pressure" That may not function the same as the shut off valve commonly found on RV models.

I'd look for the showerhead at RV stores to make sure you do get the shut off valve.