PDA

View Full Version : No 120 volt power

robvc
05-10-2016, 05:30 PM
I have a 2015 33 res cougar.I am plugged into my outside recepticle of my house and it seems to be draining my battery power.No breakers are tripped or blown fuses.Any ideas of what it can be anyone.:banghead:

chuckster57
05-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

First thing is to verify that you indeed have 120VAC at the outlet. It's possible that you have tripped a breaker in your HOUSE service panel. Once your sure you have 120VAC going to the trailer, check the microwave in the trailer, does the clock or display light up?

Have you checked the voltage at the trailer battery(s)? It should be above 13VDC, if not then your converter may have failed, or the fuses that control the output of the converter have blown. Those fuses are not on the panel that you see when you open the cover, they are located on the converter itself.

If you have an integrated converter, it will be on the bottom half of the breaker/fuse panel. You'll need to take the cover off to see it. If you have a separate converter, it will be plugged into the back side of the breaker panel, or have romex coming from a breaker. The breaker will be labeled "CONV".

Verify 12VDC coming out of the converter, should be two large gauge wires, as a rule white is negative and red or black is positive. The posts on the converter will be clearly labeled. Post back and we can go from there.

fla-gypsy
05-11-2016, 09:25 AM
Do you have power at the receptacle? Have you reset all possible breakers? (house and trailer)

canesfan
05-11-2016, 09:34 AM
I used to plug into my outside outlet before I installed a 30 amp outlet. Often the GFI on the standard outlet, which is in my garage, would trip. Not sure if it's the same in Canada, but check your GFI for the outside outlet if you have one.

robvc
05-17-2016, 09:49 AM
Thank everyone for replying.I did find the problem and it was 2 blown fuses on my converter.Just had replace them and away it worked.
Happy camping all."bouncey: