PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone Edge Campground

ctbruce
05-07-2016, 04:53 PM
We have reservations at Yellowstone Edge Campground outside of Livingstone, Montana. Has anybody stayed there? I'd really love to hear about your thoughts. Thanks in advance.(ty)

tom37
05-07-2016, 07:16 PM
We have friends that stay there and like the Campground. They are on their way there now or possibly got there today.
From the pix they have sent us, it's beautiful country and the Campground looks very nice.

ctbruce
05-08-2016, 03:35 AM
We have friends that stay there and like the Campground. They are on their way there now or possibly got there today.
From the pix they have sent us, it's beautiful country and the Campground looks very nice.
Thanks tom37. I hate reserving sight unseen. This helps a lot. Happy Trails.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jsmith948
05-08-2016, 04:16 AM
While in Livingston, check out the "Buffalo Jump" cafe.

gearhead
05-08-2016, 03:04 PM
Highly rated at rvparkreviews.com
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/montana/emigrant/yellowstones-edge-rv-park

ctbruce
05-08-2016, 05:20 PM
Highly rated at rvparkreviews.com
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/montana/emigrant/yellowstones-edge-rv-park
Thanks gearhead. I saw those and was the reason I reserved there. I was hoping for a reply from someone who had stayed there or maybe drove by. Anyway I feel pretty good about my choice. Thanks for the encouragement! [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

JRTJH
05-08-2016, 06:27 PM
It looks like you've found a very nice campground located about 35 miles north of the entrance to Yellowstone NP. If the purpose of your camping stay is to visit Yellowstone, remember that the speed limit within the park is 45MPH, but if you're ever able to travel faster than about 20-25 MPH because of the many people viewing wildlife and natural vistas, you'll be "cruising well". It's about 100 miles from the campground to Old Faithful, normally a 2 hour drive, but in summer with all the slow traffic inside the park, it may well take you 5 or 6 hours to get there. I'd urge you to plan accordingly and possibly even check on staying inside Yellowstone a couple of days if you can still get reservations...

Of course, if you're in Montana for other reasons, you may not be concerned with Yellowstone NP traffic.

Enjoy your trip !!!

ctbruce
05-08-2016, 06:35 PM
JRTJH, thank you. You are always a wealth of information and I appreciate you. We have never been West of Denver and are going to do as much as possible. Thanks on the heads up on the traffic. Our plan is to ride our motorcycle as much as possible, and the truck otherwise. What do you think about the motorcycle in the park? Good idea? Bad idea? I don't want to turn into two-up taco....thanks in advance!

JRTJH
05-08-2016, 06:43 PM
Last summer there were a number of people on motorcycles inside the park. I suppose it's a "good way" to commune with nature. Keep in mind that in a large number of places, wildlife (buffalo, bears and elk) are either on the highway or very near to it. I'm sure the majority of cycle riders think they can just "scoot out of the way" of a buffalo herd, and if there's not a lot of traffic, you can, but if you're in a line of 100 cars and cycles with the same traffic coming at you on the same "2 lane road", if a hundred buffalo decide to cross the road and everyone in cars stops to take pictures and watch them crossing (often within 5 or 10') from where you're "stuck in traffic" with no place to escape, it can get "unsettling"....

So, if you're planning to ride your cycle inside the park, keep your head not only watching for wildlife, but also planning an escape route if you happen to get into a situation where all the vehicles stop and you're the only one without doors between you and 2000 pounds of snorting, fuzzy wild animal with a calf following behind.....

We saw hundreds of cyclists in the park, I'm not saying "don't do it" rather, "just keep your wits about you to avoid exposing yourself to something you can't control." LOL

JRTJH
05-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Here's one example of how close the buffalo are. I've got many pictures where there is more traffic and more buffalo, but this should give you an idea of just how "vulnerable" you can be if traffic won't let you turn around or get out of the way.

ctbruce
05-08-2016, 07:08 PM
O.....wow! Thanks. That gives me s better idea of what we'll see and be doing.

dhn
05-09-2016, 06:36 AM
Like John, we went to Yellowstone last summer and loved it. Here is a website that we used for information on Yellowstone: http://yellowstone.net/. This is not a NPS website just information. We also used Google Earth and Google Maps street view to check out parks.

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.4173776,-110.6840813,693m/data=!3m1!1e3

We stayed in West Yellowstone, MT.