PDA

View Full Version : slideout jacks

LarryL
04-12-2011, 08:18 AM
I'm thinking of getting some jacks for the dining slideout,not to support
the slideout more to make the dining table more stable when setting
at it, any little move in your chair and there goes the wine:eek: or
anything in a glass, do you think the jack in a box stabilizers will help?
This 5th wheel has 4 slideout 2are big dining/living one side kitchen/tv other
If Iget one for the dining do I need one for the kitchen?

Festus2
04-12-2011, 08:40 AM
In a recent post on here, a question was raised regarding the use of jacks to support a slideout. If my memory serves me right, I believe the concensus was that their use was not recommended because of the increased and unnecessary pressure/torque it created on the slide and its structure. One member mentioned that by using them it may void your warranty.

LarryL
04-12-2011, 12:08 PM
thanks for the info makes sense I will not buy them

Festus2
04-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Larry :
I found the thread on this forum which gives some opinions from members about using slide out supports. See the Travel Trailer section......this topic ( Slide out Supports) was started by DTJ9610 on 04/05/2011. There are several posts regarding just what you have asked.

tcaggie
06-21-2011, 03:39 AM
I use the "jack in a box" supports and they work great. You just have to insure that you do not jack up the slide. Only move them up to where they touch and maybe a 1/4 turn more. They are there for "support" only, not to jack up the slide to what would be an abnormal height...

mhs4771
06-21-2011, 05:22 AM
But what would happen if for some reason a tire went soft? The trailer would settle but because of the jack under the slide, it wouldn't putting great strain on the slide. If the unit is leveled and stabilized movement in the slide area shouldn't cause you wine to spill. Just my thoughts (I have auto levelers on my rig and once set up it's rock solid)