View Full Version : never again keystone 39 den retreat

micki666
05-04-2016, 08:43 AM

Ken / Claudia
05-04-2016, 08:56 AM
What ever.

dcg9381
05-04-2016, 09:38 AM
I'm with you, but it sounds like most of those issues in your list are relatively minor - meaning you didn't lose a roof, bend a frame, sidewall crack, etc.

Keystone doesn't make Maytag refrigerators. Nor do they make the Atwood hot water tanks. Buy a $100k RV, very likely to get the same appliances.

If you have LED lights - there was at least one bad batch and Keystone SHOULD know better, but likely they don't track which batch of LEDs went into what trailer.

Personally, I'd be fairly content with that list of repairs...

If you love the trailer, get it fixed and move on.. they take a while to get sorted out.

Steve S
05-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Buyers remorse maybe:rolleyes: Payments hitting your wallet:eek:

micki666
05-04-2016, 01:57 PM

sourdough
05-04-2016, 02:27 PM
I just went thru a situation with LEDs going out. Turned out to be the fact they were all 12v only (not 12-28v) lamps. I had a bad battery (dual) and it was fluctuating the voltage enough to damage the LEDs. I was pulling my hair out until I found 2 bad cells in one of the battery. New batteries resolved the issue (I also installed 12-28v LEDs). My trailer is a 2014 and had this issue in the fall of 2015.

Tbos
05-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your RV's problems. Hopefully they'll get them fixed and you can enjoy it.

BSHGTO
05-04-2016, 03:38 PM
:banghead: my wife knows how to fix that :thumbsup:

micki666
05-04-2016, 04:09 PM

notanlines
05-05-2016, 03:59 AM
I had to laugh when I read your "We called the dealership, fix every asp or come and get it" comment. Micki, do you think the dealership is financing your unit? That old line has never worked anywhere for any reason. They SOLD you the unit. Your FINANCE COMPANY paid them for you. Now YOU pay the finance company. Stop paying the notes if you like.....the FINANCE company will come get the trailer, not the dealership. I'm afraid they are laughing at your comment right now. Mostly what you have is a list of very small items to repair. Let's look at one in particular. Your original ceiling globe had a rubber seal around which the three screws tightened to keep it solid when you travel. All the replacement globes you buy at Home Depot or the Canadian equivalent don't have this. Try a very heavy wide rubber band around the rim of the globe and tighten it very snugly. Take a chill-pill, pop the top on a cold one and spend a little time running down a few of these things. You'll feel better about the whole situation. Start with the water heater.....:D

SAABDOCTOR
05-05-2016, 05:48 AM
COME ON NO ONE CAN FIND LEAK UNDER THE SINK? get a good bright light and run the water. The hot water heater. is the "saefty switch on out side? the little black one. did some one run the heater without water in it and burn the eliment? (electric) does it work on propane? may be one of the limit switches needs to be reset. the glass globe and the leds you have gotten some great advice. Trim well that i would fix my self you will most likely do a better job. so pop a top on a cold one and take it one piece at a time. You will end up with a nice trailer. relax and enjoy the adventure. Stay calm and camp!:cool:

carwheel_09
05-05-2016, 08:10 AM
Every ceiling fan I've had in a RV the screws work loose. In going through and righting all the screws, yes on a brand new unit I take every screw I can get to on the fan out put some medium thread lock on the screws. They never come loose again. Be proactive on your RV and you have far less headache down the road.

JRTJH
05-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Some members may not have noticed that micki666, the originator of this thread, deleted all of his posts (forum wide) at 9:30 this morning. It would appear that he is not (or is no longer) interested in the thoughts, comments and suggestions of forum members.

Mike484
05-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Move on people, nothing to see here.

Festus2
05-05-2016, 10:42 AM
Since the OP has deleted all of his posts, the thread is being closed. Thanks to all those who suggested solutions and offered advice.