PDA

View Full Version : Shakedown cruise

Blackrock
04-30-2016, 09:42 AM
Took our new fiver out for a short 3day - 2 night shakedown run. Total boondocking at a FS campground about 120 miles from home. It was nice and cool, needed heat at night. I did add one more battery and ran a genny a little during the day to keep the charge up. Everything worked as advertised, just a couple things we want to do a little differently.

Lawdog
04-30-2016, 11:14 AM
Congrats. We just got in a couple quick trips in our new one. Nice looking outfit.

Tbos
05-01-2016, 04:57 AM
Took our new fiver out for a short 3day - 2 night shakedown run. Total boondocking at a FS campground about 120 miles from home. It was nice and cool, needed heat at night. I did add one more battery and ran a genny a little during the day to keep the charge up. Everything worked as advertised, just a couple things we want to do a little differently.

Nice looking rig. Glad it went well.

jsmith948
05-01-2016, 06:00 AM
Where was the picture taken? That is a nice, quiet looking CG.

bitten
05-01-2016, 06:14 AM
Nice. My shake down went great too.

Blackrock
05-01-2016, 06:57 AM
Where was the picture taken? That is a nice, quiet looking CG.

This is at Blackjack CG off of hwy 78 in eastern Arizona probably around 6500ft elevation. No fee as there are not much in the way of improvements. There are some picnic tables and metal grate fire rings. Only on other party there, a couple from Ontario, Ca on motorcycles that were tent camping.
I was lucky and found a site I could back into that was level.

gearhead
05-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Good that the shakedown went well.
I need to get out there. Been looking at Lost Dutchman State Park. I read that I will need reservations 6 months in advance for winter time.
I gotta go dig around on my cousins that were there 100 years ago. The Hermit of Superstition Mountains and the Baron of Arizona. Interesting fellows to say the least.

Richard Noble
05-01-2016, 10:53 AM
"to do a little differently" and so it begins - We've been doing that for about 20 years.