PDA

View Full Version : Fireplace removal

abby33
04-25-2016, 04:15 AM
I have a 2012 Montana High Country 313 re. It has the tv and fireplace in a cabinet against the back wall. The tv is stored inside the cabinet and elevates out for use. I want to take the fireplace out but it seems like the fascia on the front of the cabinet should come off for that. I see no screws or pegs hiding screws. Anyone have a clue how to remove the tv or the fascia?

canesfan
04-25-2016, 05:09 AM
The fascia around my fireplace is held on with velcro. It just pulls off.

abby33
04-25-2016, 05:44 AM
It does feel as though there is some "give" to it. Didn't want to pull too hard. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

bobbecky
04-25-2016, 09:26 AM
On our Montana, there are four screws holding the fireplace in. One at each corner, the top ones are accessed through the top louver and are pointed up, and the lower ones are accessed by opening the lower flap door and are pointed towards the sides. The screws are painted black, so can be difficult to see, and are square drive round head.

abby33
04-25-2016, 01:30 PM
No screws visible top or bottom. The fascia will come off though. I coaxed it loose with my fingers on one side. Didn't take it completely off yet to see what that reveals. Want to wait til I have the time to complete the job. Thanks.

Fishhawk
04-26-2016, 02:03 AM
On my fireplace, the facia slides straight up in a track on the frame
to reveal the fireplace frame and the screws that hold it in

Hope this helps

abby33
04-26-2016, 07:44 AM
This one definitely does not slide up. Held in place by a few staples coming in from inside the cabinet. I'm just hoping to be able to get this done without removing the tv. Thanks.