PDA

View Full Version : slide out issue

TAZ23
04-25-2016, 01:51 AM
I have a 2015 Cougar fifth wheel with a cable slide out in the kitchen. Yesterday when retracting the slide there was a loud squeal /squeak in one of the bottom corners of the slide. I have never heard this noise before and don't know what was causing it. Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to fix it? We've had this trailer for more than a year and a half so it is out of the keystone warranty period. Thanks for any and all help.

Tbos
04-25-2016, 05:23 AM
I have a 2015 Cougar fifth wheel with a cable slide out in the kitchen. Yesterday when retracting the slide there was a loud squeal /squeak in one of the bottom corners of the slide. I have never heard this noise before and don't know what was causing it. Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to fix it? We've had this trailer for more than a year and a half so it is out of the keystone warranty period. Thanks for any and all help.

Take the time to go to the Norco Accuslide website and review their information. It will probably take two of you to figure out exactly where the noise is originating. I hope it's an easy fix like a cable jumped a pulley. Let us know what you figure out.

CaptnJohn
04-25-2016, 06:19 PM
Be sure to report back with what you find

TAZ23
04-26-2016, 01:40 AM
I will let you know what I find out, but I wont be able to get to the trailer until this week end.

TAZ23
05-09-2016, 01:38 AM
After going back and operating the slide numerous times, I could not get it to reproduce the sound. All cables and pulleys looked good. I did find a couple of small pieces of what appeared to be construction debries (one metal and one wood) under the slide out on the slide frame but could find no spots where they appeared to have gotten caught. Bottom line is the slide is working normal now so I will have to wait and see if it happens again, and go from there.