PDA

View Full Version : Carbon 32 2 black tanks?

steve slade
04-22-2016, 06:13 PM
My carbon 32 TT has a switch for to switch from black tank 1 to black tank 2. Does it have 2 black tanks or does it just just have one. Can't find in the manual and my dealer isn't sure.

spicercars
04-24-2016, 04:50 AM
I would be very surprised if you had two tanks in a smaller trailer like that. If you go on keystones website you can look up the specs and it says 39 gallon,

JRTJH
04-24-2016, 06:19 AM
The black tank is "directly under the toilet" (or slightly angled from it) on every trailer I've seen. There would be a number of "problems" associated with plumbing two black tanks to one toilet, so I'd suspect you only have one black tank. It's possible that while your trailer was on the assembly line, the tank monitor panel from a larger (2 toilet/2 tank) model was installed accidentally (or maybe they ran out of the single black tank monitor panels that day???).

At any rate, it's very unlikely that you've got a trailer with one toilet and two black tanks.

canesfan
04-24-2016, 06:32 AM
My Raptor panel has level indicators for 2 black tanks and 2 gray tanks. It does not have 2 black tanks. I have seen this same panel in others that don't have 2 gray tanks either. I think most of us agree that Keystone, and others, use a "one panel fits all" procedure instead of making 10 slightly different panels. So you are likely to have things on your panel that don't pertain to your model. My panel also has other switches on it that don't do anything, some of them just have blanks in the holes.

chuckster57
04-24-2016, 07:43 AM
It's possible that while your trailer was on the assembly line, the tank monitor panel from a larger (2 toilet/2 tank) model was installed accidentally (or maybe they ran out of the single black tank monitor panels that day???).

Very common for manufacturers to use one panel for a variety of floor plans and tank layouts. Not exclusive to Keystone by any means, When I PDI a trailer for delivery, I have to check the panel for what it says and then "hunt" for outlets and such.

Face Down
04-27-2016, 06:47 AM
The switch is just for the monitor gauge, does not actually switch tanks. Probably as others have stated, one panel fits all. My Carbon does have 2 black and 2 grey tanks.

1jeep
05-03-2016, 04:51 AM
The switch is just for the monitor gauge, does not actually switch tanks. Probably as others have stated, one panel fits all. My Carbon does have 2 black and 2 grey tanks.

It also has 2 toilets, one tank for each.