PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Raptor 3612DS Can I mount stuff to walls?

tiny-e
04-22-2016, 05:15 PM
I plan on using my toyhauler for construction work and need to secure my tools / gang boxes in the garage section. It would be easier to strap them to the walls if that's possible, but I'm not sure if it's recommended to attach e-track to the wall studs / what their layout is / best fastener to use, etc..

I'd also like to add a couple of flatscreen TV mounts to the walls in the living space. Is that do-able? I suppose I could attach them to cabinets, or something.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

roadglide
04-22-2016, 06:25 PM
The aluminum studs are easy to find. I pre drilled into the studs and mounted grab bars up to the bedroom. Also look for any thing factory fastened it should be on a stud.

tiny-e
04-22-2016, 07:21 PM
The aluminum studs are easy to find. I pre drilled into the studs and mounted grab bars up to the bedroom. Also look for any thing factory fastened it should be on a stud.

Thanks for the relpy --

I'm thinking I can locate them easily with a stud finder, I'm just a bit leery about pull-out strength of screws into the studs as I'm not sure how thick the sidewall of the aluminum tubing is. For the e-track, and especially for any TV's bouncing down the road on an articulating mount that would have some leverage.

LittleJoe
04-27-2016, 01:56 PM
I would not trust anything with any leverage as the aluminum stud is very thin and not holding by more than 2 threads on any screw. More is better and spreads out the load.

HANGAR
05-02-2016, 08:50 AM
I have a 2007 3612DS and I remove the TV from the mount prior to travel. The articulating arm unscrews quickly and easily with a couple of thumbscrews and I haul the TV in its original box. Better safe than sorry when arriving to enjoy.