PDA

View Full Version : Dutchmen

jbreech
04-21-2016, 12:30 PM
Looking for any advice on how good the Dutchmen Voltage are.
Any good or bad i am looking at the Voltage 3605 . I have a Fusion now but really like this one floor plan.

Festus2
04-21-2016, 01:33 PM
Any good or bad i am looking at the Voltage 3605 . I have a Fusion now but really like this one floor plan.

You might have better luck getting feedback from folks who actually own one if you visit and/or join this: www.dutchmenowners.org. Almost all of our members own a Keystone product and may not be able to offer you much first-hand information on the Voltage.

jbreech
04-21-2016, 06:57 PM
Ok thank you i will.

Way Of Life
04-21-2016, 08:40 PM
I to liked the 3605 floor plan but am glad we went with the Fuzion 325 instead. The level of quality on the Voltage fails in many ways. The area I was most turned off was the cheap cheesy way the attached the tie downs in the garage.

As stated.....Do your research.....Look for the problems that owners have encountered.....Not so much what they like.

spicercars
04-22-2016, 05:54 PM
We looked at a voltage before we bought our raptor and all though they had nice floor plans the craftsmanship was horrible. I would never own one because of that. But good luck with your decision.

bsmith0404
04-22-2016, 07:12 PM
I've looked at Dutchmen RVs several times over the years. I've never been impressed with the quality. Many people I have talked to have said the same thing. From what I remember, they have a price point that is reflective of their quality. If things haven't changed, you get what you pay for, which may be good enough, you have to decide.

Face Down
04-27-2016, 06:44 AM

A Carbon 364 seems to be the exact floorplan of the Voltage 3605 minus the 1/2 bath. A Raptor 355TS is the same minus a east/west King bed but with the 1/2 bath.

Also look at a Carbon 357 or a Raptor 375TS for something very similar.

Rick52
04-28-2016, 11:19 PM
Jbreech, I just purchased a fz371 in March 2016. I did my homework for about 2yrs. If you look closely the v3605 and the fz371 are the same floor plan. If you look closely you will see that the Dutchmen voltage says made by "Keystone" on the very small name plate on the side of the rv. At the 11th hour I found that the "Fuzion" had a few more amenities than the Voltage, G rated tires vs E rated tires, an upgraded interior, king bed, wooden blinds, nicer shower with linen closet, etc. check it out. The price is the same if you do your homework. They are all made in Illinois, in the same general area, nobody seems to realize this. Pick a dealer close to you and work it. Mine was 98k msrp and I got it for 63k......It's all a game, ......Make sure you show up with your pre installed hitch or they will get you on that to........

jbreech
07-18-2016, 12:49 PM
Just check back in . Let you all know i am still looking . Thanks for all the replys.

alsdas88
08-16-2016, 09:59 AM
Just check back in . Let you all know i am still looking . Thanks for all the replys.

Hello there.

My DW and myself almost got hooked into the V3605 a couple of years ago. Got sold on the bling instead of the roots and quality of the manufacturing process. One thing to be very careful of is the slides. If it is an older unit that uses the dreaded Schwintek slide systems....RUN! There are many many threads and problems detailing horror stories with that system. Do your research and find the information. The replacement system, an older cable driven system as created its own problems as well due to the laziness of Dutchmen engineering. With the cable mechanisms installed, the slides do not fully extend (roughly 2-3"). This causes issues with cabinet doors inside not being able to fully open and unsuspecting owners breaking those doors due to blockage issues, and the water seals on the outside of the slides not sealing as the gasket ends up sitting on the window frames instead of the smooth outer wall surface. They never repositioned the windows and the seal allows water into the slide area causing huge amounts of damage.

Recently we gave up on purchasing a new 3970 due to serious manufacturing issues there as well. In our unit, the dealer didn't know the roof trusses were under recall. (we found during a VIN search and a call to the manufacturer) Evidently, they installed poor quality roof trusses in/around the center AC over the living room area. Transporting the RV over the road with the sub-standard trusses caused the roof to sag due to the weight of the AC unit on the roof. The fix? Remove the interior one piece ceiling in two parts, (Cutting the ceiling panel) install some metal brackets to stiffen the ceiling and then reinstall ceiling the ceiling using some bracing or trim to help hold the ceiling in place.
This unit also had the cable system installed for the slides with the same issue mentioned above.

I am not saying the Voltage is junk, there are many happy owners out there, but our experience was not happy after 2 years and 2 different models of the Voltage units. I am just glad we discovered the problems before we became locked in owners.