PDA

View Full Version : Off the Grid Part I - Is Cougar 327 Pre wired for Installing Fanatastic above Kitchen

Texascoastalfish
04-20-2016, 09:26 AM
Hi all
I have a Fantastic 7350 with the remote and want to install it above the kitchen on my 2015 Cougar 327 where a crank up vent is already installed. I want to use a "hot" 12 V wire so I'm not dependent on a light switch. anyone know if Keystone pre wires that particular vent opening ?. If not I'll have to try and find some other 12 v source

Thanks !
David E.

This is part of Part I -"Off the Grid" project "bouncey:

Fantastic Fan 7350 with remote above Kitchen - In progress
300W Solar to combiner box -done
ALL LED - Replaced all Incandescent with 1076 base LED ( Dinette, Kitchen pendants and wall accent lamps )
Combiner Box to front Compartment /Charge Controller 6 AWG wire - In Progress
30 A Windy Nation PWM charge controller -done
1000 watt Sunforce Pure Sinewave inverter with remote - done
2 dedicated Inverter 120V outlets at Ent Center and Bedroom - In Progress
420AH in 4 6v Batts - done
80, 40 and 30A BlueSea marine breakers for Inverter, Charge controller and solar array. - done
Portable SWM dish for DirecTV -done
2 - 2000w Powerhorse Inverter Generators with parallel kit - done

Part II - Will be 200 Watts more of solar on roof to the combiner box
2000 Watt Inverter
Bogart charge controller and Trimetric Battery monitor.
Roof mounted Wineguard Trav'ler HD auto dish

cmlong
04-20-2016, 10:56 AM
My wasn't pre-wired but I was able to fish a wire from the bathroom fan and use power from it.

Texascoastalfish
04-20-2016, 11:11 AM
Good info thanks !
When you say fish it from the bathroom fan. The bathroom fan is probably 6-7 feet to the front of the kitchen vent . How do you do that ?
Thanks !

larry337
04-20-2016, 02:23 PM
My wasn't pre-wired but I was able to fish a wire from the bathroom fan and use power from it.
On my Cougar the bathroom fan is wired to the light switch in the bathroom, just sayin.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

cmlong
04-23-2016, 01:19 PM
It's easy to fish the wire. If you take both fans out you can look into the attic and see the other fan. Just use a fish tape or I use fiberglass tent poles to push the wire .

Texascoastalfish
04-25-2016, 04:39 AM
Thanks ! That's what I did Fished a tape from the bathroom, tied into the bathroom fan wires. Now I have my Fantastic installed Works great !
Thanks Again
David E

GMcKenzie
04-26-2016, 08:59 AM
Might not be the answer you are looking for, but if I were to do it again, I would go with the upgraded range hood over a fantastic fan in the kitchen. I have one and it gets pretty greasy. Plus the range hood fan sucks (or doesn't suck, depending on your point of view).

This is what I would try to go with.

http://www.rvvent.com/fabulousoperatingproducts.htm

Texascoastalfish
04-27-2016, 04:53 AM
I see what your saying ,but I was talking way up on the ceiling "in" the kitchen area where a crank up vent with no fan previously sat. You talking about an actual stove vent fan right ?

Thanks for the info though that sounds like a good upgrade in itself

GMcKenzie
04-27-2016, 05:30 AM
I see what your saying ,but I was talking way up on the ceiling "in" the kitchen area where a crank up vent with no fan previously sat. You talking about an actual stove vent fan right ?

Thanks for the info though that sounds like a good upgrade in itself

I have a fantastic fan in the ceiling now. Mine is a TT so it is not out of reach or anything, but it gets greasy as I often have it on when cooking inside. The fan over the stove is on as well but it doesn't pull much air.

Was just a thought as there is no issue finding power for it.

Texascoastalfish
04-27-2016, 05:41 AM
I see what you mean now
Cool Thanks for the info

Regards !
Dave E.