PDA

View Full Version : Need kitche faucet

Greysquirrel
04-17-2016, 01:44 PM
Need to replace our kitchen faucet, is there any reason I can't buy a 8in. on center from a big box store, or is there something different from a home faucet and a RV faucet?

Richard Noble
04-17-2016, 01:57 PM
I need to replace ours' also. I did replace the bathroom one and used one from Lowes. It fit fine and has been in use two years without problems. I am going to measure the OEM one in the kitchen and replace it with one from Lowes. DW wants one with a pull out spray - there might be a space problem under the sink. We have a type of cover over the electrical under the sink (dumb place to put it) that I think I can make smaller and make Momma happy. We shall see. I have installed the gadget that eliminates the "P" trap under the sink which works well and helps with storage.

cpaulsen
04-17-2016, 03:12 PM
Did the last 3 5th wheels we have had with faucets(kitchen and bath) from either Lowes or Home Depot.

Steve S
04-17-2016, 03:27 PM
I replaced the kitchen and bathroom faucets with ones from the box stores and they're the same as the ones in my house :)

GaryWT
04-17-2016, 05:16 PM
As said, I think they are all the same.

Pmedic4
04-17-2016, 06:39 PM
I just upgraded our kitchen faucet in our RV with a 'close-out' from Menards.

The problem I ran into was the existing faucet was a really cheap 8" on center faucet using 2 holes spaced the 8" apart. We wanted a single lever faucet, and assumed we could use a started faucet lever faucet, but found I couldn't put a center hole model in, because there was a sink mounting bracket right in the center. The model I found was a good quality Delta, unfortunately white, which had a separate sprayer nozzle, so I put the single mount in left hole, and the sprayer nozzle in the right hole. The faucet is long enough to be able to put water into both basins of the dual tub sink.

The holes were only 1", so had to enlarge them to 1 1/2". Glued 1" dowel into the holes and then hole-saw to center the bit over the existing hole.

Then the water lines were all PEX, and had to buy 3 different fittings to go from the PEX fitting to a Shark fitting, to a compression fitting, which the faucet had.

It was somewhat a pain getting the parts and tools, but it worked great after fixing one leak!

Greysquirrel
04-18-2016, 07:52 AM
Thanks for all the rplies. Will go to HD and get one but will not install it untill we get back from our next trip which starts on Sunday. Even though I have all the tool and knowledge to change faucets you know Murphy's Law will strike just before we leave on our trip if I do it now.