PDA

View Full Version : Lippert Ground Control 3.0 Electric 5th Wheel Leveler

Elk4me
04-16-2016, 08:26 PM
Has anyone added this leveling system to thier 2013 Montana Mountaineer 37.5 FLF 5th wheel?
https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack/Lippert-Components/LC358590.html
I have the Lippert frame on my rig and the instruction manual sound easy enough. Threading the wire harness will be the most time consuming I think. I am at the point in my life that I kinda like "easy" and quick set up. I like the idea of being able to re-level if needed without having to hook up to the TV.
We might be eating hot dogs and beans for a while to pay for it.:D

SADLY
04-17-2016, 04:29 AM
Has anyone added this leveling system to thier 2013 Montana Mountaineer 37.5 FLF 5th wheel?
https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack/Lippert-Components/LC358590.html
I have the Lippert frame on my rig and the instruction manual sound easy enough. Threading the wire harness will be the most time consuming I think. I am at the point in my life that I kinda like "easy" and quick set up. I like the idea of being able to re-level if needed without having to hook up to the TV.
We might be eating hot dogs and beans for a while to pay for it.:D

I would be concerned about the weight capacity of those jacks.... Yes it says 20,000 pounds.... But it's also 5,000 per jack.

Being a 4 point system, that means only 2x 5,000 jack lifting rear of RV near axles. My Avalanche has about 10,500 on the axles.

Seems like on a Montana, you'd be about the same weight... Starting out marginal if not already stressing those rear jacks.... I would opt for a 6 point system if possible.

CaptnJohn
04-17-2016, 06:42 AM
Have it on my Cougar 303 RLS which weighs less than the Montana. Love it, at 68 it is the best thing this old guy ever had on any camper, except maybe a bathroom.

WaltBennett
04-17-2016, 06:58 AM
Don't think I'd try putting that on our '10 3665RE. Like earlier stated, there's not that much capacity (although our max is 15.6k). I replaced our front jacks with Bulldog two motor ones that are rated at 10k each, and they strain a bit lifting at times. What I'd really like is a much better rear stabilizer setup.