PDA

View Full Version : Adding a high capacity vent fan to a new Bullet 308BHS

busterbrown
04-13-2016, 03:33 PM
I'm very interested in adding a Fantastic or MaxxAir Vent Fan to my new Bullet bunkhouse trailer. I'd probably install it in the bathroom as there is prewired constant power to the existing 4" vent fan.

I would like to have the ability to leave the fan cover open during inclement weather. I've read a few forum reviews on both. Which fan would install easier and help keep the trailer cool? The MaxxAir Deluxe has a built in remote with rain cover. I think the Fantastic Fan has a model that has both too.

Opinions on the installation specifically for my flat TPO roofed Bullet?

Ram189
04-13-2016, 05:47 PM
I have the MaxxAir in my bunkhouse and have the cover on it. I leave it open most of the time rain or shine with no problems. Draw is very minor also as my 7 year old left it on one day while we were at the race track all day and never had a problem with running the battery dead.

Mopar madman
04-14-2016, 05:35 AM
I love our Maxx air fan. It has the built-in cover and I leave it open all the time never had any problems. Can be loud on higher speeds but I'm still ok with it.

mikef2950
04-21-2016, 03:17 AM
My very first post!! We just got our new Outback 298RE 2 weeks ago. Based on several blogs I followed, we decided to immediately replace the powered fan in the bath with the MaxxFan. Several reasons included: automatic setting of temperature to turn on fan, don't have to have the top open to run the fan in the rain, but mostly, huge difference in volume to remove moisture in bath during showers.
It was about a 1 1/2 hour job, only because I took my time in removing the original fan and caulking to not gouge the TPO roof. The first hour of that time was in going slow getting the old caulk off the edge of the vent. The actual install only took about 30 minutes, including time to recaulk.
We love it

Pull Toy
04-21-2016, 05:50 AM
My Fantastic vent works fine with a vent cover. Using a cover allows you to vent, rain or shine. The bathroom however, would not be my first choice of a mounting location for a high airflow fan.

The easy access to 12volts is offset by the need to turn off the fan when flushing the throne. You probably will be drawing nasty fumes straight from the black tank right into your living spaces.

sconner
04-22-2016, 07:29 AM
I purchased and installed this fan:
http://www.amazon.com/Maxxair-00-04000K-12V-Roof-Vent/dp/B0050EEO94?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

And use this cover that is always over the fan:
http://www.amazon.com/Maxxair-00-933073-MaxxAir-Smoke-Cover/dp/B002OW5J44/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1461338789&sr=1-5&keywords=maxxair+vent+cover
Just a couple things to consider, my wife and I are tall enough to reach the controls to turn it on and off and crank open the lid. If you or the DW are shorter, you will want the remote versions. Either Fantastic Fan or MaxxAir will be fine. Both are quality products. I felt the MaxxAir was a bit more affordable and more readily available for me.