PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Alpine 3011 hydraulic leak

Wayne58
04-12-2016, 05:52 AM
My wife and I bought a new 2016 Alpine 3011 in February and just got back from our first trip out. We absolutely love the decor of our Alpine but the love seems to stop there. We have a major hydraulic leak under our bedroom slide. Our carpet is soaked with hydraulic oil. To make matters worse, my wife took a shower and soaked the bathroom floor. It seems whoever was in charge of quality control on the day our Alpine was built must have been asleep at the wheel. The shower door threshold was installed backwards with the drain holes facing away from shower. Needless to say, the bathroom floor flooded.

We have contacted Keystone and have talked with someone in their level 2 "expediting"team. I was told I could contact her anytime I had questions or concerns. The problem is, she won't return my calls or messages. I am quickly loosing faith. She apparently must be very busy and important person because she's been on the same phone call for 6 days. Hopefully, it will be my turn soon.

JRTJH
04-12-2016, 06:01 AM
First of all, welcome to the forum. I sense your frustration with your new Alpine, but contacting the factory isn't really the best way to resolve your problems. Your best bet is to contact your dealership service department (which is where the repairs will eventually be made). The factory representatives will most likely instruct you to return to a "Keystone repair facility" to start the warranty repairs for your RV. So you might as well "get a jump on the work" and head to your dealership.

Routinely Keystone won't authorize any repairs (or even make any promises of repairs) until they receive documentation from the dealership's service center.

It's unfortunate that you're having problems and we wish you "rapid and complete repairs" for those items you've identified.

Good Luck and again, Welcome!

bsmith0404
04-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Sounds like a new employee must have been installing showers when they built yours, I haven't heard on anyone else having that problem. As for the hydraulic leak, that's unfortunate and I'm sure it is a mess, but having worked with hydraulic lines a lot in the past, all I can say/chalk it up to is stuff happens. As already mentioned, get it to the repair facility ASAP, nothing is getting fixed until they have it to get started and know what needs to be ordered. Your dealership will typically do everything they can to help you out, they want repeat customers.

Johnnypt63
11-28-2016, 04:15 PM
We just took delivery on ours, sorry for your issues but we will keep our eyes open on our first trip out. I'm having questions about winterizing the refrigerator icemaker can't get he pink fluid to make it to the ice try.. What about yours ? Any special procedures