PDA

View Full Version : Freezer working, but fridge isn't

Bible9230
04-06-2016, 07:47 PM
I turned on the freezer/fridge by using the electrical option and only the freezer seems to be working. After being on for a couple of hours, the cooling surface in the fridge was still warm but the freezer was getting cool. Does this make any sense?

When I switch to the gas operation, both work normally.

Any suggestions?

Matthew

rjsurfer
04-07-2016, 01:54 AM
If you measured the freezer and fridge inside temps and your sure gas operation is OK then you might have a bad/weak 110v heating element.

Remember gas will cool faster than electric, so after a "few" hours that might be the correct result.

Give it at least 12 hours on electric, then measure temps.

Ron W

sourdough
04-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Depending on outside temp our fridge can take over a day to get to normal operating temp on AC. Somewhere I read that putting "something" in the fridge will help it cool down. I put in 2 gal jugs of water and it does seem to speed things up.

denverpilot
04-10-2016, 02:31 AM
Depending on outside temp our fridge can take over a day to get to normal operating temp on AC. Somewhere I read that putting "something" in the fridge will help it cool down. I put in 2 gal jugs of water and it does seem to speed things up.

That would seem to indicate that your fridge is cycling on and off too much, perhaps? (The water jugs hold on to the cold and help it "coast" between cooling cycles...) There's really no other reason having a large mass of "stuff" that needs cooling would speed up the process.