PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic slide brackets

cw3jason
04-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Opening my hydraulic slides the other day and a bottle had fallen out of a cabinet and got behind the slide. The bottle stopped the slide from moving, but the hydraulic rams kept pushing and bent the brackets welded to the support under the slide. I am looking for ideas on how to fix the bent brackets. My thought is if I bring the slide back in, the rams will bend the bracket back and if I need to I can adjust the nuts at the end of the hydraulic piston to help bend the bracket back in to place. has anyone tried this? or does anyone have a better idea?

CWSWine
04-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Sorry to hear that Jason. I wish I had a fix for you but I have no idea how you would repair that other than replacing the brackets.

Since I do have the same 5er which slide was it? The way I read it is the bottle got between the lip on the slide and the wall, is that correct? My pantry/washer/dryer doors caught my slide but I stopped before there was any damage.

cw3jason
04-05-2016, 11:17 AM
kitchen slide, yes bottle fell out of pantry, DW caught the open cupboard door before we hit it, but did not see the bottle

CWSWine
04-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Jason
We found some light duty bungees and tied knots in them till they were the right length and spanned all three cabinets on that wall. We found some plastic hose they use on fish tanks air supply and fit over the metal hooks on the bungees to protect the door handles. We put them on the upper and lower cabinets and on the sink side also.

chuckster57
04-05-2016, 07:36 PM
If you can use a floor jack and some cribbing, you could support the floor.

Then you could take the brackets off one at a time and using a vise, hammer and T square, you might be able to get them straight enough. If you try this, make some marks on the bracket so you put it back in the same position and bolt the rams on at the right height.

cw3jason
04-06-2016, 05:54 AM
If you can use a floor jack and some cribbing, you could support the floor.

Then you could take the brackets off one at a time and using a vise, hammer and T square, you might be able to get them straight enough. If you try this, make some marks on the bracket so you put it back in the same position and bolt the rams on at the right height.

This is pretty much what Lippert said to do as well.