PDA

View Full Version : Hopkins Flex Mount brake controller

the sodfather
04-01-2016, 12:33 PM
Anybody have experience with the Hopkins Flex Mount brake controller? Or Hopkins brake controllers in general? Looking to upgrade from my Valley Indusries controller that 15+ yrs old. Thanks in advance.

the sodfather
04-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Wow.............

chuckster57
04-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Wow.............

I assume your talking about lack of responses.

Having looked at the Hopkins website, IMO it's a bit more wiring just to have a display up on the dash. I will take my prodigy any day.

the sodfather
04-04-2016, 03:32 AM
I assume your talking about lack of responses.

Having looked at the Hopkins website, IMO it's a bit more wiring just to have a display up on the dash. I will take my prodigy any day.

Yup. But that's ok I guess. Someday I'll be a "5er" and have all the issues that come with those. Then the responses will come pouring in!

Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Thanks for the input.

chuckster57
04-04-2016, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the chuckle to start my day. Have you looked at the prodigy? P2 or P3 are the only ones I recommend when asked. Mine is a second gen prodigy with red LED, got it about 2007, still works like a champ.

the sodfather
04-04-2016, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the chuckle to start my day. Have you looked at the prodigy? P2 or P3 are the only ones I recommend when asked. Mine is a second gen prodigy with red LED, got it about 2007, still works like a champ.

Heard of them but (obviously ;);)) have gotten little feedback of what makes one better or worse than another.

I was looking at the Flex Mount simply because I'm tired of hitting my Valley Indusries with my shins. Also, can't even really see it very well under the dash. I don't just watch the thing but I think it would be better to have my brake controlled more accessible.