PDA

View Full Version : Hot water bypass

BobnLee
03-30-2016, 06:46 PM
Noticed when I was returning from Florida that the bypass for the hot water tank was not working and was taking the rv antifreeze into the hot water tank regardless which position the lever was in . Lever is at the back of the tank. My question is I need to remove the T and replace it. I have unscrewed the plastic nuts on the fitting but dont seem to be able to remove the pipe from the fitting. Is there something I am missing. Suburban hot water heater one valve on the back of the cold water intake. basic 6 gallon tank. I have blown air through the lines for the duration of the winter. but would like to have it fixed. Also the switch for the electric element seized up and I could not get it to turn on. Pulled it out with the extravagant 2 inches of wiring to replace switch. As soon as I got it away from the unit the switch freed itself and began to work. I put it back in and again in seized up. Its now pulled out awaiting to be replaced. Anybody have problems with that????? My biggest concern though is figuring out how to release the water pipes from the fitting. The big things all seem to work well its just the aggravating little ones that can drive you over the wall

hankpage
03-31-2016, 06:50 AM
It may not be the valve that is not working .... it may be the check valve on the top inlet of the tank has failed or has debris in it. .... Once the flair nuts have been removed, he tubing should just wiggle and pull out.

BobnLee
03-31-2016, 06:34 PM
Thanks Hank bought a new check valve and will give it a try tomorrow. Thanks for the advise I would have never thought about a check valve Dealer said to use a hair dryer to warm up the plastic pipe then it should come out easier. This is why I love this forum.