PDA

View Full Version : what's set incorrectly

bennydog
07-15-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm able to see reply's to posts but not the original post. What do I have miss configured?

Thanks

Bob:confused:

Festus2
07-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Bennydog:
Depending on the Display Mode you have selected, posts will appear in 3 different modes. (see FAQ for an explanation of these modes). The most common mode is the Linear Mode. If you have selected the Threaded Mode, only 1 post will appear at a time.
If you look at the bar at the top of a thread/topic, on the far right of this bar is the box for the Display Mode. Check to see what Mode you are in.
Posts are numbered in sequential order. If you look in the top right-hand corner, you will see a #1 by the original post, a #2 by the next post (the first reply) , a #3 and so-on. Not sure what numbers appear in what you are looking at, but you might check them out.
Get back to us and let us know how you make out and if you still cannot view the original post.

bennydog
07-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the help. Now that I understand how the different display mode work I was seeing all of the thread. The 2 new member check in post must have been from folks registering for the forum that you all welcomed even though they had not actually posted anything. My bad.

Courtland
10-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Test to see if forum goes to the top?