PDA

View Full Version : Airstream Toyhauler?

notanlines
03-26-2016, 03:01 AM
What famous orator was it who said "There's a fool born every minute?" We saw this yesterday at Dayton International Speedway Turkey Run!

JRTJH
03-26-2016, 05:22 AM
That's certainly a "unique" way to create a "personalized toyhauler".

Airstream has, for several years, offered a "factory installed" option for people who want a "standardized toyhauler".

Initially it was offered in the Eddie Bauer models, currently it's in the Pendleton line. Oh and prices "start at" $114,600.

jsmith948
03-26-2016, 05:23 AM
Ma & Pa Klampett?"bouncey:

Desert185
03-26-2016, 06:36 AM
What famous orator was it who said "There's a fool born every minute?" We saw this yesterday at Dayton International Speedway Turkey Run!

Falsely accredited to P.T. Barnum, but "sucker" not "fool".

Redneck engineering, while sometimes laughed at can be effective. I'm not sure if this falls into the latter category.

Ken / Claudia
03-26-2016, 10:48 AM
That is a sad ending to a nice trailer. I do understand some do not have the money to spend on a Airsteam. The nearby dealer had MSRP of about 91,000 for a 28ft trailer when we went to Keystone and got the current trailer for 1/3 of that. Without chopping it up like it was it was still valuable, not so much now.

rschad
03-26-2016, 09:18 PM
Give the person a break. He/she was smart. They got a trailer that wouldn't leak for likely a couple thousands bucks and turned it into something useful with a new life. what other trailer from the 70's would be still good enough to turn into a toyhauler.

BOWWOW
03-31-2016, 02:24 PM
Give the person a break. He/she was smart. They got a trailer that wouldn't leak for likely a couple thousands bucks and turned it into something useful with a new life. what other trailer from the 70's would be still good enough to turn into a toyhauler.

X2 Yeah give them a break. Invention is a product of necessity. The forum bosses closed the DW thread but now they are likely letting insult go to half of the members of this forum's heritage. :D

jsmith948
03-31-2016, 04:01 PM
X2 Yeah give them a break. Invention is a product of necessity. The forum bosses closed the DW thread but now they are likely letting insult go to half of the members of this forum's heritage. :D
DUDE! - At ease! Seriously, I don't think any disrespect was intended here. Certainly not by me. If anyone felt they were being insulted, then I humbly apologize for my "Ma & Pa Klampett" comment.

dcg9381
03-31-2016, 06:02 PM
I saw a 2016 Airstream at the RV show that had a garage-like door in at the end. I wouldn't exactly call it a toy hauler, but I'm not sure what the purpose was otherwise.

http://squob.com/toy_haulers/airstream-panamerica-first-look/