PDA

View Full Version : Converter trouble

NSTS1470
04-09-2011, 04:04 PM
So here I am a week away from our first trip. Checked out the trailer and seem to have a problem. Three weeks ago I brouth the trailer home from storage. Like a jack *** I hooked the battery up backwards. Realized it when the switch on the tongue jack was working backwards. I then adjusted the battery cables and brought her home. Today I was doing my spring check. Hooked up to shore power, althought it was just 15amp at the house. Everything worked, furnace, ac, fans, lights, micro, tv, radio, awning, slide out. All was fine. What I did notice was that the I could not hear the converter charging. When I first flipped the converter breaker I hear the fan for about 3 seconds but then it stops. Also if I remember from last year when I was hooked up to shore power the battery display had all 4 lights lit up. Today that did not happen. I'm not mechanically or electrically savy. But now I'm nervous that its not charging. I know the battery is fully charged so could that be why?

Handysam
04-10-2011, 07:29 AM
On your converter there are 2 reverse polarity fuses that may have blown when the battery was connected opposite. They should be to the left of the other line of fuses, kind of by themselves. Check your owners manual to be sure. Happy Camping, Sam

NSTS1470
04-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Found the manual and it does have the reverse polarity fuses. I will have to go check them tomorrow. Would it still power the camper if those were blown. Because I do get power to the ac and micro it just doesnt seem to be charging the battery.

Flyguy
04-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Yes it will! Change the fuses and go from there.

NSTS1470
04-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Thank you all. Sure enough 2 40amp fuses blown. Replaced and working perfect.