PDA

View Full Version : Cougar 337FLS Mods so far

wooby99
03-20-2016, 10:49 AM
We have had this one for about 13 months, and I still keep finding mods to improve it. Here is the list:
replaced China ST tires with LT tires
Installed Flo-pure water filter assembly in hook up compartment with quick connect for city water hose
Jt Strongarms
Upgraded living area roof vent fans to one with thermostat control and handheld remote
Moved old living area fan to bedroom and relocated remote wall control to bedroom
changed pinbox to Trail air Rotoflex
lights now all led
changed floor registers to ones that can close
Smart Tiles in cooking area
covered metal floor in front storage area with roll on bedliner
lower height pull out kitchen faucet (a lot less splashing of water around sink)
all compartment doors now keyed alike
adjustable led dimmer for awning lights
rewired bathroom fan so lights don't need to be on for fan to work
had extra rocker switch in panel box, so I rewired hall ceiling light to that instead of being on with all other ceiling lights
put led light strip in switch panel to lite up when panel door is opened to see in the panel in the dark
wall mounted swivel and removable tv mount in bedroom
upgraded outside frig fans and screened frig vents
did the weber grill propane mod to use trailer propane hook up
clear screen door slider
wooden cutting board for stove top
step supports
on my model removed lower access panel in bedroom closet. Secured the three electrical wires and installed grommets where wires went through wall and floor (now have increased closet space and matches the other one inside)
I will probably never be finished upgrading, but I got a good bit done. I didn't attach any pictures (too many) but I can post pics as members request them

jddually
06-04-2016, 10:00 PM
wooby99

It sounds like you have done some serious upgrades!
I am interested in a few and how you did them, pictures are even better!
*The bath fan being separated from the bathroom lights.
*Dimmer for the LED awning lights
*Using extra rocker in panel for hallway light
*Wall mounted swivel TV mount in bedroom

I would also like your input on another modification I'd like to make so the water heater has a switch inside the RV for the electric. It's easy to forget to switch it off when leaving RV for a while (while still plugged in) and it would be great to just flip a switch inside RV to turn it on once set up. My Jayco had an light switch with an indication light when it was powered on. What would you think would be the best way to achieve that?

Thanks again for all of the ideas! (tx)

Jeff

wooby99
09-15-2016, 03:08 PM
Did some more things to Cougar.
Installed vent covers, Maxxair II for the living and bed rooms and camping world cover for bathroom (sewer vent pipe too close for a Maxxair II cover)
moved bathroom light switch from back corner by sink to near bathroom door frame.
Installed a light under cabinets over bed for easy access to use
Installed hanging pendent light over kitchen sink for more light
New light fixture in dining area (4 led bulbs) for more light
Adjustable dimmer switches for led lighting in living room slide outs.
Oxygenics shower head

Next mod will be wet bolt kit upgrade

notanlines
09-15-2016, 03:45 PM
Wooby, Brenda and I both agree that this should be added to your improvements. You can actually stand at the stove and cook without your miners light on your forehead. And the fan will suck the socks off a rooster!
http://www.fabulousoperatingproducts.com/upgrade-kit

wooby99
09-18-2016, 01:22 PM
Showed this to the wife. Just ordered this fan upgrade kit. She can't wait to try and I am tired of forgetting to unlock vent flapper door when she needs it

JRTJH
09-18-2016, 04:36 PM
Showed this to the wife. Just ordered this fan upgrade kit. She can't wait to try and I am tired of forgetting to unlock vent flapper door when she needs it

There is still a "door to open". At the back left side of the fan box is a slide lever that must be slid to the left to open the vent allowing the fan to exhaust air. Your DW will be the one "responsible" for opening and closing the fan shutter, but remember to close it before travel. On a dusty road, you can get a lot of dust and dirt "sucked into the fan box" if you forget and leave that shutter lever open.

wooby99
09-20-2016, 12:06 PM
Yes, you are absolutely right. I had showed her that feature. Now, I won't get in trouble for not opening it when setting up. When camping, she does the inside stuff and I do the outside. One less thing for me = more beer!

TDMerrill
08-27-2017, 03:52 PM
Rich and Michele,
Do you know the filter model you bought from Flo-pure, We bought a brand new Cougar and it has limited room for a filter system, maybe a foot wide by 30 inches tall? Is the one you used mounted or inline?

Thanks, Tom and Donna