PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Virginia

Love to Camp
03-19-2016, 05:53 PM
Hi Everyone! We have been camping for years. Started out tent camping then moved up to a pop-up. Purchased our first TT in 2012. Last week traded our 2012 Gulfstream Kingsport for a 2016 Springdale 271RL. This is our first Keystone and we will be heading to Pigeon Forge for a week after Easter for its maiden voyage. We will be pulling the TT with a 2014 Tundra long-bed 5.7. Look forward to talking and exchanging information with other Keystone owners on this site. Happy camping everyone!! :wave:

Tbos
03-19-2016, 06:44 PM
Hi Everyone! We have been camping for years. Started out tent camping then moved up to a pop-up. Purchased our first TT in 2012. Last week traded our 2012 Gulfstream Kingsport for a 2016 Springdale 271RL. This is our first Keystone and we will be heading to Pigeon Forge for a week after Easter for its maiden voyage. We will be pulling the TT with a 2014 Tundra long-bed 5.7. Look forward to talking and exchanging information with other Keystone owners on this site. Happy camping everyone!! :wave:
Welcome to the forum from Southern MD neighbor. Enjoy that new rig. Where are you staying in TN. We are thinking about going to that area this summer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CaptnJohn
03-19-2016, 06:56 PM
Congratulations on the new rig and :wlcm: . PF was great when the girls were young, now never camp closer than Sevierville (sp). Planning a trip there late summer ~~ when school is back in session.

Love to Camp
03-20-2016, 07:59 AM
Hi Tbos,

When in Pigeon Forge, we stay at Pine Mountain RV Resort. It's on Pine Mountain Rd off the Parkway at redlight #6. If you want to stay outside of all the busiest of PF, just outside of Sevierville there is Anchor Down RV Resort.

Both places are really nice but Anchor Down is on a lake/dam.

Welcome to the forum from Southern MD neighbor. Enjoy that new rig. Where are you staying in TN. We are thinking about going to that area this summer.

Tbos
03-20-2016, 10:17 AM
Hi Tbos,

When in Pigeon Forge, we stay at Pine Mountain RV Resort. It's on Pine Mountain Rd off the Parkway at redlight #6. If you want to stay outside of all the busiest of PF, just outside of Sevierville there is Anchor Down RV Resort.

Thanks, I appreciate the info.

14george
03-20-2016, 02:27 PM
Hi Tbos,

Going to the same campground in July a great place to camp

Tbos
03-21-2016, 01:33 PM
Going to the same campground in July a great place to camp

We were thinking about that location for July too. Lots of choices in the area there.

Love to Camp
03-21-2016, 02:17 PM
We were thinking about that location for July too. Lots of choices in the area there.

There are a lot of choices in the area and several new ones in the last several years.

The one behind the Smoky Mt Knife Works is nice too.

14george
03-21-2016, 02:34 PM

Got to make reservations fills up fast

Tbos
03-21-2016, 02:40 PM
Got to make reservations fills up fast
Which of the two campgrounds he mentioned do you like best?

14george
03-21-2016, 02:47 PM
Which of the two campgrounds he mentioned do you like best?

Stayed at Pine Mountain RV Resort. Love To Camp mentioned Anchor Down

Mr30RLI
03-22-2016, 02:24 PM
Love to camp,

Welcome to the forum from Glen Allen, VA.

Your Tundra should be happy with your Springdale. We had a 2014 Dual cab 5.7 and easily towed a similar unit before we upgraded to our 30RLi. Didn't pass many gas stations though...

As far as campgrounds near Pigion Forge, check out Anchor Down, wow!

Frank

Love to Camp
03-22-2016, 03:33 PM
Love to camp,

Welcome to the forum from Glen Allen, VA.

Your Tundra should be happy with your Springdale. We had a 2014 Dual cab 5.7 and easily towed a similar unit before we upgraded to our 30RLi. Didn't pass many gas stations though...

As far as campgrounds near Pigion Forge, check out Anchor Down, wow!

Frank

Hi Frank,

Our Tundra did really well towing our old camper and hopefully will do just as good with the Springdale even through it is a little heavier. As for gas mileage, I'm guessing we will get about 10 miles to the gallon.

We are going to Anchor Down the week after Easter and hopefully it won't rain all week...lol!

Tbos
03-22-2016, 05:29 PM
Hi Frank,

Our Tundra did really well towing our old camper and hopefully will do just as good with the Springdale even through it is a little heavier. As for gas mileage, I'm guessing we will get about 10 miles to the gallon.

We are going to Anchor Down the week after Easter and hopefully it won't rain all week...lol!

Let us know what you thought of Anchor Down when you get back.

dgeese
03-22-2016, 05:48 PM
At the advice of many on this forum and this thread too, I made reservations at Anchor Down for the week of April 3rd. This will be the first long trip for the new rig. We took it just for a weekend at a local State Park. So excited to go!!!

Love to Camp
03-22-2016, 06:16 PM
At the advice of many on this forum and this thread too, I made reservations at Anchor Down for the week of April 3rd. This will be the first long trip for the new rig. We took it just for a weekend at a local State Park. So excited to go!!!

We will be there until April 4th. Maybe we will see ya before we leave...safe travels.

Love to Camp
03-22-2016, 06:20 PM
Let us know what you thought of Anchor Down when you get back.

Will update you when we get back and will post some pics too.

Tbos
04-03-2016, 07:43 AM
We will be there until April 4th. Maybe we will see ya before we leave...safe travels.

We've made reservations there for late June early July. Looks really nice. Let us know what you think.