PDA

View Full Version : So You Want to Try the RV Lifestyle

bdaniel
03-14-2016, 03:56 PM
My cousin contacted me for some advice on places to see in the western part of the US. He is going to purchase a used travel trailer and try a road trip to see if it works for his family.

I wrote a post on my website about the lifestyle, how to buy a used RV and some places to see on his intended route. I tried to give him some things to ponder.

Read if you get a chance and leave comments for him or others that read it.

http://bobbystuff.com/blog/401/so-you-want-to-try-the-rv-lifestyle

Thanks,
Bobby

Mike484
03-14-2016, 04:30 PM
Cool, enjoyed it, what a great book of memories.

notanlines
03-15-2016, 04:31 AM
Bobby, I also enjoyed your blog. I particularly enjoyed the "lost camera to owner" part. Kudos to you, my friend!

byrdr1
03-15-2016, 07:07 AM
Bobby, I also enjoyed your blog. I particularly enjoyed the "lost camera to owner" part. Kudos to you, my friend!

X2, I really enjoyed reading your Blog.
thanks
randy

Alpine
03-15-2016, 07:54 PM
What a wonderful blog! Enjoyed seeing the photos along your journeys! And great to see the boys growing up to young men & traveling as a family! Priceless!!!

sourdough
03-16-2016, 03:01 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Your blog really brought something home to me that I've sort of just gotten lazy on; pictures. I used to take tons of pics and documented all of our adventures. Although I've got very nice Nikon and Canon point and shoots and a couple of nice DSLRs it just seemed like it was too much trouble to mess with them. Looking at your photos and narratives with them just clicked with me and made me feel the need to kick myself in the butt. The pics will live on and tell a story that will be long forgotten if you don't have them which is really important to me since my wife's bout with breast cancer. You also stop to take the time to take them in neat places....I tend to say "ooh, look at that" and keep rolling. We're retired....time isn't a pressing issue for us. Leaving for FL the last week of April and I'm headed to my closet now to dig out my cameras/equip and a journal. I WILL take the time to do this right starting this trip. Thanks again.

AlbertaRvMan
03-16-2016, 06:39 PM
Interesting read! Thank you.

SADLY
03-17-2016, 02:29 AM
nice pics!

Steve S
03-17-2016, 09:56 AM
I read the blog and all the side blogs and it sure brought back memories of traveling through the States"bouncey:
It sure is nice to see the other side of the States instead of what's on the news all the time.
(tx)

roadglide
03-18-2016, 07:59 PM
That was fun .

bdaniel
03-19-2016, 10:37 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Your blog really brought something home to me that I've sort of just gotten lazy on; pictures. I used to take tons of pics and documented all of our adventures. Although I've got very nice Nikon and Canon point and shoots and a couple of nice DSLRs it just seemed like it was too much trouble to mess with them. Looking at your photos and narratives with them just clicked with me and made me feel the need to kick myself in the butt. The pics will live on and tell a story that will be long forgotten if you don't have them which is really important to me since my wife's bout with breast cancer. You also stop to take the time to take them in neat places....I tend to say "ooh, look at that" and keep rolling. We're retired....time isn't a pressing issue for us. Leaving for FL the last week of April and I'm headed to my closet now to dig out my cameras/equip and a journal. I WILL take the time to do this right starting this trip. Thanks again.

A big thanks to everyone that read my blog. I did not expect those kind of comments. I appreciate it.

Sourdough, you prompted me to write another blog. I had been thinking about it for a while but your comment made me decide to do it.

I hope you enjoy it and please leave comments:

http://bobbystuff.com/blog/402/do-you-have-gas-as-a-photographer

Bobby

sourdough
03-19-2016, 02:03 PM
Bobby, I did read your blog and commented there. Thanks.