PDA

View Full Version : Nitto Terra Grappler

Desert185
03-13-2016, 10:59 AM
I needed new tires on the tow rig and wanted something with a bit more traction than the Michelin's and Bridgestone's I've used in the past. After some due diligence I decided on the Nitto Terra Grappler's in 285/75R16 LRE. They are surprisingly quiet with the more agressive tread pattern and they offer better traction and a bit softer ride than the Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2's in 265/75R16 LRE previously installed.

I wanted a higher load rating and a size up larger than stock. My Smarty tuner has a tire size, ABS adjustment feature, so the speedo is right on verified by a GPS. All good...I'm pretty happy with the results.

If your needs are similar to mine, take a look at these Nitto's.

http://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/terra-grappler-all-terrain-light-truck-tire/

Edit P.S. Discount Tire with a Walmart matching price. :thumbsup:

Big Boy w/ Big Toys
03-17-2016, 07:46 PM
I run the NITTO AWT's. I now have 25k on them and have been rather impressed. I have the Grapplers on another truck and they are good tires but the AWT's have been the step up I needed for snow traction. I will say they are slightly louder then the Grapplers but it's hard to tell how much louder with how rough our road surface is here in Alaska. My little Mazda Speed with high performance race soft tires are loud going down the road.:eek:

bobbecky
03-17-2016, 08:03 PM
I needed something to handle a winter in the Sierra mountains, and my tire guy put on Nitto Terra Grappler G2 in the 18 inch size. They are awesome and meet all the same weight ratings needed on our truck. Much more traction than the Michelin's I had, fairly quiet, and made in the USA as a bonus.

Desert185
03-18-2016, 09:18 PM
In the 300 miles or so that I have driven so far with the Terra Grapplers I am impressed with the added off road traction and the quiet, more compliant highway ride. Good handling on the curves going over the Sierra on Hwy 50, too.