PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Illinois

dwdlt
03-09-2016, 04:10 AM
Hello,

I'm in the process of trading in my Jayco Swift Travel Trailer for a Keystone Lerado 314RE.

I had thought I had done all my homework, read reviews, consumer reports, ...etc. The all aluminum construction and specific layout were major factors in the decision. I'm scheduled to take delivery of the new trailer this Monday.

So, I did a search and found this forum....After joining, and reading HUNDREDS of posting about quality issues, poor service, walls delaminating...etc. I'm VERY apprehensive to go through with the deal!!!

{tpc}
03-09-2016, 05:09 AM
We all have to make our own decisions for ourselves and the best ones we can make. However, if you look around, you will find that almost all brands seem to have issues one way or another.

Now that you have read all the posts, you should be armed with the things to look out for.

It is also my own opinion that there is a true minority of posters that will post about how great their trailer or tow vehicle are. If you are happy, you don't post "hey i'm so happy my walls are not delaminating!! :)", you simply don't post. If you are unhappy, you will tell everyone who will listen in an effort to get some support be it actual in getting it fixed or just mental support in talking to other folks with similar issues.

Just my .02 cents.

dwdlt
03-09-2016, 05:21 AM
We all have to make our own decisions for ourselves and the best ones we can make. However, if you look around, you will find that almost all brands seem to have issues one way or another.

Now that you have read all the posts, you should be armed with the things to look out for.

It is also my own opinion that there is a true minority of posters that will post about how great their trailer or tow vehicle are. If you are happy, you don't post "hey i'm so happy my walls are not delaminating!! :)", you simply don't post. If you are unhappy, you will tell everyone who will listen in an effort to get some support be it actual in getting it fixed or just mental support in talking to other folks with similar issues.

Just my .02 cents.

Well said! I agree 100%. One good thing here is that the dealership I'm buying from has an excellent reputation....

And, as you said, after reading some of these post, I now have my list of things to watch out for and look for during the PDI.

Thanks

Dale

sjdobbins
03-09-2016, 06:35 PM
I am also from the St. Louis area and the dealership you buy from can make all the difference in the world. Reading reviews will give you endless input but just as has been stated, there will always be more bad than good. Be it an appliance, car, home builder or trailer it is all the same.

Use a PDI checklist and have it fixed before you take ownership.

It's about camping time."bouncey:

Steve

flight medic
03-12-2016, 07:01 PM
Welcome from northern Illinois. We couldn't be happier with Keystone. Keep us updated.
Steve.

2015 Sprinter324FWBHS
2015 Ram 2500 ccsb Cummins

msubobcats
03-12-2016, 07:47 PM
Welcome to the forum from Northern California.