PDA

View Full Version : Wide stance wheel chocks for my new Bullet

busterbrown
03-01-2016, 06:18 PM
I'm taking delivery of my 308BHS in a few weeks and am interested in what other Bullet owners are using for wheel chocks. I don't know if the wide stance axles are spaced the same distance apart for all Keystone brands and models. I would like to buy a set of chocks that can hold the wheels tight for these wide spaced axles as this is my first large pull behind. Options that I'm seeing are basic plastic chocks (in pairs on each side), a set of X-chocks (BAL 28014 X-Chock) for wide track axles, or a set of Fastway ONEstep Wheel Chocks (84-00-4840). Would like a set that are relatively easy to set up. Opinions or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

ImTravis
03-01-2016, 06:43 PM
We use the fast step XL for one side, and then use two Anderson levelers for the other side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

281bullet
03-01-2016, 09:43 PM
When I had my 281bhs keystone bullet I used the X chocks for wide stance axles. I loved them they worked great, I could loosen them a couple of turns and remove them.

JRTJH
03-02-2016, 08:18 AM
I can't find the instruction sheet for my X-chocks right now, but there is a note (or warning) to chock the trailer tires with "ground type chocks" and to NOT rely on the X-chocks as the only means of preventing the trailer from rolling down a hill.

A number of times (almost every time) that I used the X-chocks after towing, installing them on "warm/hot" tires, after a couple of hours, once the tires cooled, the X-chocks would be loose. Without actual chocks in front/behind the tires (to prevent roll) the trailer could have started moving down a hill.
A number of times, the X-chocks would be loose enough that they could be pulled out from between the tires by hand. It was obvious they wouldn't stop the trailer tires from turning.

If you do buy X-chocks, read the instruction sheet carefully and don't rely on the X-chock as your "only means of chocking"...

B-O-B'03
03-02-2016, 10:58 AM
We use the fast step XL for one side, and then use two Anderson levelers for the other side.

I have 2 of the fast step and a pair of the Anderson levelers, should be covered for most scenarios.

-Brian

JoePK
03-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Hello, I use the Fastway Onesteps (love them!)- you'll need this one for your trailer if you decide: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VAX2R4/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687562&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00718VZ8A&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0179FDVH55HNJNBPMV13 It has the extra length needed for your wide axles.

busterbrown
03-02-2016, 02:32 PM
Hello, I use the Fastway Onesteps (love them!)- you'll need this one for your trailer if you decide: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VAX2R4/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687562&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00718VZ8A&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0179FDVH55HNJNBPMV13 It has the extra length needed for your wide axles.

Yeah, I've been leaning toward the Fastway XL Onesteps. Should I buy just one for 1 side of the trailer and just keep traditional chocks for the other? Or does it help with stability to a set on each side of the trailer?

filmtex
03-03-2016, 07:46 AM
I have been using a Fastway on each side for years. They work great. Highly recommended.

CWSWine
03-03-2016, 08:11 AM
Are these the ones you are talking about? If so do work as good or better than the X-Chocks?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41c3rYhju2L._SX425_.jpg

4LowNGo
03-03-2016, 02:04 PM
I'm also using the one step on my Bullet 230 but on one side though. The other side had a traditional chock. There isn't much rolling at all but thinking about adding the extended x chock on the other side to see if it makes things perfect.

Tbos
03-03-2016, 06:19 PM
I'm looking to getting the extended x-chocks to use in addition to my regular ground chocks. I used the normal ones on my polls TT and they worked well. I never had an issue with them coming loose. In fact they liked to stick to the tires. I might have tightened them too much.

beermanjoe
03-11-2016, 06:43 PM
I also have the wide x chocks. They work great.I`ve also never had them loosen up after the tires have cooled.