PDA

View Full Version : Scrubbing the sink

Steve S
03-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Hey all"bouncey: I'm curious as to what to use to scrub the plastic sinks with?
It seems that the nice shine is going away and am I correct that an SOS pad isn't the best idea:rolleyes:

sourdough
03-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Don't use SOS pads or other abrasives.

Depending, there could be buildups of soap, minerals etc. in the sink. We use liquid tub/sink cleaners (don't know the brand, DW buys them and they are all in storage) and there are several kinds. Just read them and make sure they are OK to use for plastic. As far as the shine, you need to figure out what happened. I could just be use and/or the way it is used; it could be some sort of buildup that just needs to be removed, or it may be that something like an SOS pad (abrasive) has been used in the past - in which case I don't know that you can do anything about it.

Steve S
03-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Thanks sourdough, that all makes sense"bouncey: I'm on well water so maybe that's the problem. I'll pick up some non-abrasive cleaner and give that a shot.

therink
03-01-2016, 07:13 PM
I use clorox clean up in the kitchen, bathroom sinks and tub using a scratch free sscrubbing sponge. Removes all stains, lightens and does not harm finish. Stay away from abrasives.

jsmith948
03-02-2016, 06:44 AM
Once each year, the DW cleans/polishes the sinks with "Gel-Gloss". This seals/protects and shines the acrylic. Normal cleaning is done with liquid dish soap and a soft cloth or sponge.

hankpage
03-03-2016, 08:31 AM
X 2 on the Gel-Gloss, makes maintaining the shower stall easier too.

Steve S
03-03-2016, 03:37 PM
I picked up some Vim today and it worked wonders"bouncey: As for the "Gel-Gloss" is that the name brand?

jsmith948
03-04-2016, 06:54 AM
I picked up some Vim today and it worked wonders"bouncey: As for the "Gel-Gloss" is that the name brand?

Yes. The product is distributed by TR Industries, South Gate, CA.
The website is www.gel-gloss.com.
Ours came in the "gift pack" that came with our 5er. The DW says she saw it in Camping World.

{tpc}
03-04-2016, 07:33 AM
Does the aerosol version work as good as the liquid? Seems I can pick some up at home depot.

Just wondering because as well as use for the RV, I have a use for this in the house as well. We have a shiny black acrylic kitchen sink, that is a bit less than shiny now because of use (pots, pans, dishes, etc), and so I've been looking for something to make it nice again.

Steve S
03-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Yes. The product is distributed by TR Industries, South Gate, CA.
The website is www.gel-gloss.com.
Ours came in the "gift pack" that came with our 5er. The DW says she saw it in Camping World.

Thanks(tx) Too bad that they won't ship outside of the States:rolleyes:

JRTJH
03-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Thanks(tx) Too bad that they won't ship outside of the States:rolleyes:

The manufacturer may not ship outside the US, but Amazon Canada has it in stock:

http://www.amazon.ca/Gel-Gloss-Kitchen-Polish-Protectant-Aerosol/dp/B00WLP7852/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457114519&sr=8-1&keywords=gel+gloss

hankpage
03-04-2016, 11:16 AM
Does the aerosol version work as good as the liquid? Seems I can pick some up at home depot.

Just wondering because as well as use for the RV, I have a use for this in the house as well. We have a shiny black acrylic kitchen sink, that is a bit less than shiny now because of use (pots, pans, dishes, etc), and so I've been looking for something to make it nice again.

Yes the spray works just as good and is more convenient to use. I worked for a plumber for many years and his policy was to clean sinks and fixtures with Gell-Gloss after all repairs. Customers were always impressed with their "new looking" fixtures

Steve S
03-04-2016, 09:30 PM
The manufacturer may not ship outside the US, but Amazon Canada has it in stock:

http://www.amazon.ca/Gel-Gloss-Kitchen-Polish-Protectant-Aerosol/dp/B00WLP7852/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457114519&sr=8-1&keywords=gel+gloss

Thanks for the link John I just ordered 2 bottles"bouncey: