PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Dog

cjelliott81
02-28-2016, 06:26 PM
My daughter has this Beagle.

This dog is the Houdini of crapping in the house. She does it a couple times a month, but nobody ever catches her. You are just walking through the house, smell dog crap and begin a game I like to call "Guess where the dog pooped!"

I bring it up today, because the Roomba won this morning's game.

In celebration it did a victory lap through the dining room, across the foyer, and into the kitchen where I came across it skid marking the floor in there. These are the kinds of things nobody warns you about when you're growing up, how exactly does one get dog crap out of a Roomba?

I'd Google but I don't want it to be a suggested search for the next 6 months, or worse, Ad Sense to make fun of me with Dyson ad's on every site I visit.

gearhead
02-28-2016, 06:30 PM
OK, I gotta ask: what is a "Roomba"??
And ...how do you get dog crap out of the roomba....get the dog out of the roomba.

cjelliott81
02-28-2016, 06:31 PM
http://store.irobot.com/irobot-roomba-650/product.jsp?productId=13081980&cp=2501652&parentPage=family

gearhead
02-28-2016, 06:36 PM
Ok....I got it.
Not to be mean but.....maybe get the dog out of the house?

sourdough
02-28-2016, 06:49 PM
Poops a couple of times a month in the house?? More training or less dog.

I can only imagine trying to clean the "skid" marks from the Roomba. Our carpets are almost white and if that happened....well, doggie would probably have a sewed up rear end:eek:. As far as the Roomba; you can buy the replacement parts for the various brushes etc. but you will still have "poop" on all of the surfaces of the machine. Me, outside dog and new Roomba.

gearhead
02-28-2016, 06:53 PM
Poops a couple of times a month in the house?? More training or less dog.

I can only imagine trying to clean the "skid" marks from the Roomba. Our carpets are almost white and if that happened....well, doggie would probably have a sewed up rear end:eek:. As far as the Roomba; you can buy the replacement parts for the various brushes etc. but you will still have "poop" on all of the surfaces of the machine. Me, outside dog and new Roomba.

Yes, exactly, introduce the beagle to the great outdoors. She might like it.

Murphsmom
02-28-2016, 06:56 PM
I saw a YouTube video of that about a year ago. It was funny then, but I don't imagine it's funny when it's in your own home.

JRTJH
02-28-2016, 07:28 PM
Beagles chase rabbits. Is there a rabbit farm anywhere close???? :cool:

cjelliott81
02-28-2016, 07:28 PM
I put on my latex gloves, disassembled it and cleaned all out with q-tips, 409, patience and fair amount of colorful language.

It's no fun, but all you can do is laugh.

Mike484
02-28-2016, 07:37 PM
Personally, I have no use for an animal that does not go outside to do its duty. We do have a cat (not by my choice) and it uses a litter box, but I still feel the same, I have no use for an animal that does not "go" outside. Sad thing is, I have read that some house cats can live to be 20 years old, but I'm not so sure if ours will make it that long.

Festus2
02-28-2016, 08:04 PM
iRobot aka Roomba has a Help Line for those that need help and it sounds like you are a prime candidate. Their site even has a "Live Chat" which can be reached at 1-877-855-8593.

If it is your daughter's dog why are you cleaning up the mess and fishing poop out of the Roomba's vacuum bag? Sounds like she should be responsible for going on poop patrol and cleaning up her dog's mess.

The Beagle, which is not the world's smartest canine, certainly has figured out a way to avoid going outside in the elements to do his (or her) business. Maybe it's not so "stupid" after all.

(My apologies to all Beagle owners out there)

GaryWT
02-28-2016, 09:06 PM
I am not sure your title is right and I would not be laughing. If it happened here the vacuum would be in the trash and the dog at the pound...at the very least the dog would be confined in the kitchen. Our dog spend the night in her crate and is in the kitchen when we are gone for a period of time.

notanlines
02-29-2016, 03:47 AM
CJ, there are some posts here that just make reading this site worth while. That was certainly one of them. Brenda and I just hooted when we read this.
Gary was also correct when he mentioned kenneling the dog. Most vets will give you the same advice.

dcg9381
02-29-2016, 07:38 AM
In celebration it did a victory lap through the dining room, across the foyer, and into the kitchen where I came across it skid marking the floor in there. These are the kinds of things nobody warns you about when you're growing up, how exactly does one get dog crap out of a Roomba?

Oh, oh no..
There's a whole internet thing of photos where that's happened.

The Roomba comes apart pretty well, that's all I have to say.

Beagles.. Well, they're pretty stubborn and not the smartest canines on the planet... At least typically.

sourdough
02-29-2016, 01:48 PM
Personally, I have no use for an animal that does not go outside to do its duty. We do have a cat (not by my choice) and it uses a litter box, but I still feel the same, I have no use for an animal that does not "go" outside. Sad thing is, I have read that some house cats can live to be 20 years old, but I'm not so sure if ours will make it that long.

I understand that completely. I was in the same situation once (also not by choice), many decades ago. I love my doggies and the cat hated me and vice versa. Seems like it got out and didn't come back if I can remember that far back;)

hankaye
02-29-2016, 02:42 PM
Howdy All;

I know from nothing about roombas ... I am able to relate about the feline
species. Have found the the proper application of a Cat Carrier influences
the critter to evacuate not only the house, County but the entire region.

hankaye

Javi
02-29-2016, 02:45 PM
Easiest way to fix the problem is to only feed the dog twice a day. Do not leave food out and put the dog on a schedule.
Our beagles are pretty darn smart, but prone to get even if you don't follow the schedule.

They get walked twice a day, morning and evening all pooping takes place on the walks.

BOWWOW
02-29-2016, 04:17 PM
Maybe that Roomba has a black tank rinse.:rofl:

cjelliott81
02-29-2016, 04:59 PM
Wow - this escalated quickly.

To address a few comments:

- Daughter didn't clean it up, because she wasn't here.

- The dog is crated at night and when we're not home, and is on a schedule of walks and going out. As such she is by and large pretty good about accidents in the house. There seems to be a direct correlation between the outside temp and the accidents - see stubborn Beagle.

- This was shared to be a funny anecdote - I will not be taking the dog to the pound and upsetting my wife and kids over this adventure, the curmudgeon is strong with that recommendation.

Desert185
03-10-2016, 10:57 AM
"My daughter has this Beagle." Therefore, my daughter cleans/cleaned the Roomba. Our Charlie, thankfully, now has a system for alerting us when it's time to visit the great outdoors for physiological purposes.

As far as the skid marking goes, get the little darling's anal glands purged on a regular basis. That might help.

notanlines
03-10-2016, 12:23 PM
Desert, I believe the "skid marking" was done by the Roomba dragging this little "prize" along the floors.....and every now and then all of us are going to have accidents. I'd sure hate to have Brenda drag me off to the old folk's home if I had one.:D

cjelliott81
03-11-2016, 03:36 PM
"My daughter has this Beagle." Therefore, my daughter cleans/cleaned the Roomba.

Daughter didn't clean it up, because she wasn't here.

See Above.