PDA

View Full Version : New Owner / Member Checking In

Poppy's 5th Wheel
04-06-2011, 09:02 AM
I wanted to stop in and say hello. My wife, Deb, and I are long time campers and RVers but first time Keystone owners.

We just purchased a 2011 Cougar High Country 299RKS. We are very pleased with our rig and excited about using it more and more. We purchased in February and have been on 2 short weekend trips so far.

Anyway, Hi to all and eager to read and learn more from fellow Keystone owners.

ksfis43
04-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Welcome!!!

Festus2
04-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the group, Paul and Deb. We hope you will enjoy your new RV and have many miles of trouble-free :) travels.
If this is your first rear kitchen 5th---make sure you have your door(s) where you stack your dishes secured when travelling!

Handysam
04-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Welcome to "Cougar Country". Festus makes a good point about the rear kitchen cabinets. Happy Camping, Sam

Poppy's 5th Wheel
04-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Welcome to the group, Paul and Deb. We hope you will enjoy your new RV and have many miles of trouble-free :) travels.
If this is your first rear kitchen 5th---make sure you have your door(s) where you stack your dishes secured when travelling!

Thanks for the welcome. Is your advice because it just physically rattles and bumps around more aft of the axles? We have noticed most things aren't where we left them once we arrive somewhere ;) Deb was asking me to do some forum searches on favorite storage ideas. Our Cougar, and I think we've seen these in most newer units when we were shopping, has this Lazy Susan thing in an upper cabinet and we were foolish enough to think we could actually put items like cups or seasonings on it and they would remain there. Haha, how foolish were we? What is the purpose of those things?

Anyway, we will watch for the dishes and doors issues.

Festus2
04-06-2011, 02:26 PM
The rear end of the 5th does bounce around more - especially if you do not have an after-market pin box like TrailAir or 5th Airborne. This bouncing at the rear affects anything that isn't reasonably secure. After one mishap where the cupboard door flew open while travelling and a lot of our Corelle dishes were shattered, we soon learned our lesson.
After that, we now pack a pillow in that cupboard as well as adding a "tie" from the door handle to the bottom of the cupboard. The door stays shut and no further breakages have happened.
Placing ScootGuard or other similar non-skid material in the rear cupboards also helps.

jq1031
04-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Welcome Paul & congrats on the new rig.......