PDA

View Full Version : Diffence between Passport, Laredo, and Bullet

JWMiami
02-22-2016, 03:59 PM
Hello, I am still on the market for my first Keystone RV and I am almost settled on the Passport 2400 bh but now I have found a Keystone Bullet 243BHS online and a Laredo 25BH. They all seem about the same price, is there a difference between the 3? They all have the exact same floor plan so I am a little confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

sourdough
02-22-2016, 07:08 PM
I don't own any of them but I have walked thru dozens of them when looking for our current trailer. They are all listed as "standard" units by Keystone which usually means they are going to be pretty much the same in all the key areas. Trim levels can/will vary, colors etc. Looks like the Laredo has the more streamlined front.

Your questions can only be answered by you once you walk thru each one, look at the fit, trim and general upfitting.

TonyCO
02-22-2016, 07:43 PM
I agree with Sour, they are listed in the "Standard" category on the website so I think it's safe to assume they are all comparable. All I can say is we are extremely happy with our Laredo. If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Good luck.

KSH
02-23-2016, 07:28 AM
I have the Springdale 240bh. Same exact trailer. I found that there are very slight differences. I went with the Springdale because the bathroom was slightly larger. The passport had doors to the bedroom, mine has accordion style doors. Those were the two major things. You will need too see them in person, even though they are nearly the same there are slight variations that could make a difference to you.

whitmw
02-23-2016, 07:41 AM
The price and sliding bedroom doors is what made us land on the 2400bh.:)

JRTJH
02-23-2016, 10:01 AM
Hello, I am still on the market for my first Keystone RV and I am almost settled on the Passport 2400 bh but now I have found a Keystone Bullet 243BHS online and a Laredo 25BH. They all seem about the same price, is there a difference between the 3? They all have the exact same floor plan so I am a little confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

You identify three different trailers and ask "is there a difference"... The simple answer is "not really, they are all built pretty much "built" the same way with the same type of materials"...

But, if you go to the Keystone website, you'll find that the Bullet is 27'10" and weighs 4685 and is listed in the "STANDARD" build category. The Passport is also 27'10" but weighs 4730. Passport trailers are listed in both the "STANDARD" and in the "DELUXE" categories. There are three "builds" of Passport trailers, the EXPRESS (standard build), the GRAND TOURING ("transition build") and the ELITE (deluxe build). The Laredo is listed in the "DELUXE" category, is 28'9" long (almost a foot longer) and weighs 5510 pounds.

So, while the "transitional Passport" and the "standard Bullet" are the same length, they are not "identical" in that one weighs slightly more than the other. The Laredo is a foot longer and weighs in at around 700 pounds more. There is a "difference" in the Laredo and the "basically similar" Bullet/Passport. That difference is the inclusion of "deluxe features" not found in the "standard build" Bullet or in the "transitional build" Passport.

You can go to the Keystone website, click on each of the brands and at the bottom of each page is a list of "standard and optional items". If you do a "line by line comparison" of those items, you can get a pretty good idea of the differences and similarities between the models you are comparing.

Keep in mind that the actual construction techniques and materials are likely to be very similar, but "upgraded" carpet, appliances, cushion foam (thickness and density), furniture coverings, cabinets are likely to be used in the "more expensive models". Things like a shower curtain vs shower door, porcelain vs plastic toilet and stainless vs plastic sinks and white/beige vs chrome faucets are just a few of the differences. Whether those items can "justify the increased cost" for you is something only you can decide.

KSH
02-23-2016, 01:17 PM
I think the tanks on the Springdale were larger as well. Not sure if I got a good deal, but I paid about 17k for mine.

sourdough
02-23-2016, 02:07 PM
John is right about the varying levels on some of those units. I just looked at the first category. I should have remembered that because I had just read about the different trims (thinking enclosed underbelly on the Passport?) the other day. Sorry for the incomplete info.

TallEddie
02-24-2016, 11:29 AM
I would agree with everyone, even though the layouts are similar, its the little things that make the trailers slightly different.

I am 6'7, so for me a really big deciding factor was the fact that the Laredo has a full size queen (60x80), rather than a short queen.

TLB
02-26-2016, 12:41 PM
(thinking enclosed underbelly on the Passport?)

Yes they are.