PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland California recommendations?

nellie1289
02-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Headed to Disneyland with the fam this summer and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations in the greater la area. I see there is a place called Anaheim rv park near Disney with decent reviews but was wondering if anyone else has any recommendations

bsmith0404
02-12-2016, 04:37 AM
I hate to say it, but I'll be honest here, when we go to Disneyland we stay in a bungalow. There are several that are within a mile or two of the main gate and an easy drive to the beaches. We always get a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. Has a full living room and kitchen, a small back yard/patio with BBQ grill. They also provide some popular DVD movies. I'm sure there are some nice RV resorts as well, but for the simplicity and convenience of the bungalow, it's hard to beat.

sw342
02-12-2016, 09:24 AM
Headed to Disneyland with the fam this summer and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations in the greater la area. I see there is a place called Anaheim rv park near Disney with decent reviews but was wondering if anyone else has any recommendations

We stayed there last year at this time. It was fine for what it is. The area surrounding Dland is not upscale and a little sketchy, but just like any of those areas lock everything up and keep your eyes open. We were only there for breakfast and at night to watch TV and sleep. We were not going back and forth during the day as we would pack our lunch to take into the park with us and usually eating at one of the parks and or late dinner back at the trailer. There is a shuttle that picks you up there and will take you to the front gate of Disney/Ca adventure. We were basically just looking for a place to hang out hat for the night and it worked for us.

sw342
02-12-2016, 09:24 AM
I hate to say it, but I'll be honest here, when we go to Disneyland we stay in a bungalow. There are several that are within a mile or two of the main gate and an easy drive to the beaches. We always get a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. Has a full living room and kitchen, a small back yard/patio with BBQ grill. They also provide some popular DVD movies. I'm sure there are some nice RV resorts as well, but for the simplicity and convenience of the bungalow, it's hard to beat.

Interesting. What was the nightly rate?

nellie1289
02-12-2016, 09:48 AM
well this is just a stop along the way as part of a larger road trip. I know the area isn't the best but looking for convenience over comfort. I will just lock the door of trailer and watch my 3 TV's inside trailer, lol

bsmith0404
02-13-2016, 04:59 AM
Interesting. What was the nightly rate?

About $200 per night and they had private off road parking. The one we stayed at was basically a duplex house and the owner lived in the other half. We went grocery shopping the first day, cooked breakfast every morning before heading out, ate lunch at the park (usually packed items in our coleman 12v cooler and went out to the car for lunch), and then cooked a nice meal for dinner. Usually put something on the grill and relaxed on the patio with a cold beverages.

BlueThunder34
02-14-2016, 07:40 AM
We are staying at the Anehiem RV park for our Disney trip in April for the kids spring break. I'll let report back when we return, it seems to have good reviews for what it is.

Spacetrucker
02-18-2016, 07:59 AM
Rv park where you are going is great. Close to Dland and outer parks. Take the bus system to all the outer parks works great to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FlyingChief
02-18-2016, 08:29 AM
We've stayed here several times. Convenient to the park, good customer service. As everyone else has said - there isn't anything real fancy in that area.

http://www.orangeland.com/

Desert185
02-22-2016, 05:23 AM
This reminds me of the TV show, "Two and a Half Men," when Evelyn tells her grandson Jake, who invites her to Disneyland, "Oh honey, grandma doesn't do Anaheim." Having been there, I know the sentiment. :o