PDA

View Full Version : Passport GT -v- Bullet

Papabear7
02-08-2016, 03:56 PM
We are closing in on purchasing our first travel trailer, been sniffing, kicking, looking for 3-4 months. Seems we had locked into a Bullet 220RBI up until this weekend when we ran across a Passport 2250RB. Very similar floor-plans, looks like a few additional 'extras' with the Passport. We seemed to have crossed almost every brand in the ultralight category, and I"m beginning to believe it really is a toss-up on quality and agree with some advice I've seen here since joining (go with favorite floor-plan & work around the +/- issues), but if anyone has a point to make about either of these units, experience, etc. ... we would appreciate your input. Thanks,:confused:

Tbos
02-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Papabear, We are on our 2nd Passport and love it. We almost bought a Bullet but wanted a full size queen bed and better clearance in the tub. We have a 2810BH. Enjoy whatever you buy.

Mike484
02-08-2016, 05:27 PM
We were in the same boat, went with Passport because of the weight. Bullets are light weight too, but the Passport allowed us to get "more" trailer for the same weight. We have a half ton truck.

whitmw
02-10-2016, 08:02 AM
We had the same choice. Went with the Passport due to weight and price. The same equivalent bullet was a few thousand more and the dealer would budge on the price. We went with the 2400bh.:D

michael_h
02-11-2016, 08:23 PM
we have found the bathroom size to be very important and much more so than a few inches of bed length, (ours has no console at the foot of the bed) so in our next purchase we will be much more conscience of that. Just food for thought.

Papabear7
02-13-2016, 08:42 PM
Today, we went over the edge and put down on the Passport. Looking to take delivery in a week or two, and quite excited about it. Thanks for all the replies, we will be around on this Keystone forum for a while for sure now !!:D (tx)

Tbos
02-14-2016, 03:36 PM
Papabear7, enjoy your new TT. Post pictures when you get it. Have fun!

T_Clark
02-14-2016, 04:11 PM
Today, we went over the edge and put down on the Passport. Looking to take delivery in a week or two, and quite excited about it. Thanks for all the replies, we will be around on this Keystone forum for a while for sure now !!:D (tx)

congrats! I think you'll enjoy it! We purchased our first Passport (2770) several weeks ago and so far love it. Nothing bad to say about it at all so far, took it on its maiden voyage last weekend, and so far, everything works great.

Mike484
02-14-2016, 04:25 PM
Which model did you get?

koko
02-15-2016, 07:55 AM
You'll love it, you'll personalize it, and it will be perfect! It's almost spring!

silverbullet18
02-15-2016, 05:02 PM
We just got our Bullet 269rls last week and are dying to take it out. Traded in our Palomino for something with a little more room. Send pics when you get it.

Tbos
02-15-2016, 05:14 PM
We just got our Bullet 269rls last week and are dying to take it out. Traded in our Palomino for something with a little more room. Send pics when you get it.

We'd love to pictures of your new rig too. Bought my 2810BH in Oct and have only been able to go twice. Next outing is in March, can't wait.

Papabear7
02-21-2016, 06:54 PM
We picked up our new 2250RB last Friday, and warm enough for the weekend to take her out immediately & do our wring-out trip. Just like the old days, haven't camped in a trailer in ~30 years, but it all came back, just newer, easier, and fancier. Now in storage spot, I must rewinterize it tomorrow before the next cold spell gets on us, looking forward to later March/April first real trips!!

Tbos
02-22-2016, 09:16 AM
We picked up our new 2250RB last Friday, and warm enough for the weekend to take her out immediately & do our wring-out trip. Just like the old days, haven't camped in a trailer in ~30 years, but it all came back, just newer, easier, and fancier. Now in storage spot, I must rewinterize it tomorrow before the next cold spell gets on us, looking forward to later March/April first real trips!!

Looks great. Enjoy it.