PDA

View Full Version : Williamsburg Va

Harleyhop
02-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Hi all ! Hoping some of you have camped in Wiliamsburg and have some suggestions on where to camp. Planning on going there mid to end of April.
Looking forward to your replies(tx)

SchafferFamily
02-04-2016, 05:04 PM
We went to the Williamsburg RV Resort off the main highway in November. NIce campground and amenities,... just don't arrive in the dark like we did. The next morning I was surprised I didn't sideswipe a tree getting thru the grounds in the dark the night before.

The kids had a really good time and there are very friendly staff. The mini-golf was nice outdoor carpet / turf, and the indoor pool/spa was nice even in November.

Rates were good too.

It is a Thousand Trails resort, but you don't have to be a member to stay there. Propane fill ups can be done at the gas station up the road, and the Walmart / Lowes isn't far away either.

We enjoyed time at the Jamestown Settlement and Museum. My 3 daughters actually were quite involved there and had a good time enjoying the exhibits and the re-enactments.

One note, some of the sites have a typical sewer hookup with the PVC just above the ground, and others have them inside covers. Our site had a cover, so I had to take a trip to Lowes to make up an extension to make my Rhino hose connect.

Tbos
02-04-2016, 06:26 PM
If you are retired military Cheatham Annex is inexpensive and close to everything in Williamsburg. Another nice one is American Heritage in Williamsburg. I took a drive through the KOA and was not impressed, it seemed very crowded. There are some others there too. I have not visited them.

cw3jason
02-05-2016, 07:38 AM
group of us are doing American Heritage RV park in Williamsburg this year. I have friends who have stayed there and said it was nice.

michael_h
02-06-2016, 09:21 PM
try this link to all the campgrounds near Williamsburg, Va . . . if it doesn't work give me an email and I'll send you the map I have with all the campgrounds shown

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11780756@N06/21358537542/sizes/o/

Harleyhop
02-07-2016, 09:21 AM
Michael H thanks for the link.Very helpful as far as showing locations. I will go on their websites and make my decision (tx)