PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard clean up

Lkha
02-03-2016, 08:11 AM
Setting here looking at the TH and dreaming. Now to get back to reality time clear the drive and walk 8 inches and 35 MPH winds :thewave::thewave:

JRTJH
02-03-2016, 03:30 PM
We got about 8-9" as well. It was on top of some sleet/rain yesterday morning, so it was a "wet, slushy goo".... Not fun to shovel, in fact the DW and I pushed it off the decks and porches rather than shovel it over the railings. I used the tractor to move the drives and sidewalks as well as the road. It wasn't fun at all. I'm thinking that what's on the roof is just as heavy as what was on the ground, so I may spend part of tomorrow "up on the roof" as that old Drifters song from back in my high school years.... 1962 to be exact... And now you know why I don't look forward to climbing "up on the roof" <sigh>

rwmurphy15
02-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Well, we received 30 inches of snow a week and half ago and with 30-40 mph winds the snow drifted on the roof of my TH. On the one side of the TH it was about 12 " on the other side it was about 3 feet and stuck out past the roof by about 12". Now I'm wondering I got a lot of weight on one side and not as much on the other side is the tires going to blow is the TH going to fall on its side. i went out with a push broom an pulled a lot of the heavy snow off. I didn't even care about the driveway or sidewalks. I worried more about my TH. As the snow melted I checked the interior 3-4 times a day for water leaks. Can't wait till spring to get those tires moving again.

gearhead
02-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Today I pruned the camellias and fertilized them. Monday I planted peach, tangelo, and avocado trees.
Hooked up the boat and went to the bay this week, too foggy to fish.
Sunday we are towing to Riverview RV Park Vidalia Louisiana. Doing some genealogy/cemetery looking. I think I have discovered where my 3rd great grandfather is buried.....I gotta go see.
Temps in the 30-60 range next week.
Y'all hang in there.

Jim & DJ
02-06-2016, 10:10 AM
This morning it was down to 49 and next week may get up close to 80

Apache Junction, ARIZONA

:rofl:

zuley
02-06-2016, 10:25 AM
In Guelph, Ontario we would generally have a foot or more on the ground at this time of year. Absolutely nothing in sight. The banks are even gone from the road ways. Not good for the water tables.