PDA

View Full Version : Latch locks tight/"sticky"

nellie1289
01-13-2016, 07:27 PM
Has anyone done anything about your hatch locks getting pretty tight when you turn them with a key. I am not sure its the lock mechanism as much as it is the round "thingy" that spins when you turn them. I noticed this the other day when I was at the storage unit putting some stuff underneath. I sprayed the lock with a little wd 40 but that didn't seem to help much. it is pretty cold out so I am sure that is a contributing factor.

I would hate to break a key off when on a trip specially the hatch that has all the dumps/outside shower/battery shut off and landing gear controls!

randy69
01-13-2016, 07:52 PM
I use a product called lock-ease . Use the straw and push it inside the lock and spray. Works great.

chuckster57
01-13-2016, 08:06 PM
With the compartment open, try the lock. If it turns easy then it's the door closing tight against the seal that makes the lock hard when it's closed.

tgpilot
01-13-2016, 10:27 PM
You can also try pushing in on the door while your turning the key to lock/unlock the door. I've done that many times.

nellie1289
01-14-2016, 07:38 AM
These are the slam latches not the old school metal latches with a swivel. I do have one of those on my front compartment where pushing on it helps

chuckster57
01-14-2016, 07:52 AM
Use a dry lube, it won't attract dirt. Even with the little flap where you insert the key, using any "wet" lube can cause issues.