PDA

View Full Version : Buc-ee's in Texas

gearhead
12-19-2015, 07:08 PM
I did a search and didn't find anything about Buc-ee's. Not sure this is the right place for it either.
When you're driving through Texas and see roadside signs for Buc-ee's, and have never been in one, pull in and look around. Cleanest restrooms you will ever see, I promise. Best jerky in Texas. Too many gas pumps outside to count. Sandwiches ready to go or custom made, salads, fruit, etc. Get you a cool Texas souvenir too.
https://www.buc-ees.com/locations.php

Desert185
12-19-2015, 07:53 PM
I miss Buc-ee's, Gilhooley's and Spec's downtown Houston.

tgpilot
01-23-2016, 12:56 AM
Yeah, I miss Bucc-ees two. Moved five years ago to the West coast and some things you just can't replace.

JRTJH
01-23-2016, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I miss Bucc-ees two. Moved five years ago to the West coast and some things you just can't replace.

Yup, you gave up Buc-ee's and gained Carl's Junior Roast Beef (with the green chili on top) LOL

My first experience with Buc-ee's was in Freeport, TX, just up the road from Surfside Beach. I stopped to refuel, wound up spending almost an hour, had an ice cream cone, bought some "truck stuff" and left with supper. WHAT A DEAL, eh? LOL

Now as for Carl's Roast Beef...... I hear they aren't "what they used to be" but man the memories of indigestion from eating more than my share... Soooooo good LOL

Alpine
01-24-2016, 07:16 AM
Yes indeed, we have enjoyed Buc-ee's a few times in Braunfels, TX just off of Interstate 35. It is "eye candy" for sure!

Javi
01-24-2016, 10:30 AM
I avoid them like the plague, too crowded for me... One visit was more than enough for me, although it was a nice place and very clean restrooms..

Mike484
01-24-2016, 04:23 PM
I was headed north on 45 one day, it was raining a lot. Got near Madisonville and the interstate got backed up, I thought, great, there's been an accident (happens all the time in Texas when it rains). Finally got up to the Madisonville exit, it was backed up because of so many people exiting to go to Buckees, passed the exit, then saw it was backed up on the other side too. Bet they had a Brinks truck on its way to pick up the money that day.

gearhead
01-24-2016, 06:00 PM
I was headed to Tulsa for the Chili Bowl and planned a stop at the Madisonville Buccees. I been missing them since I quit the south Texas oilfield gig. I used to stop at Buccees Luling and stretch my legs. Anyway, I was singularly focused on getting to Buccees bathroom, if you know what I mean. I took the exit with 5-6 cars behind me and saw the driveway, pulled in and instantly realized there is a major issue. Ain't no way that crewcab Ford with 36 feet of Montana behind it is gonna turn in this driveway without rolling a curb. Grit my teeth and very slowly roll the right side Maxxiss' over the curb. Made it just in time to the restroom, bought the Texas trail mix, a turkey sandwich, and a bottle of water. Discovered the other very wide driveway when I left. It's just east of the first one off the freeway.
Yeah Buccees, sorta.