PDA

View Full Version : A sad day has passed.....

ncbound123
11-25-2015, 04:50 PM
Had to brake down and winterize the camper last weekend. We wanted to get another trip in before the end of the year, but better to be safe than sorry. Although it wouldn't take long to bring it back on line, if we don't get the chance than its sleeping for the winter.

roadglide
11-25-2015, 07:58 PM
I winterized mine today and where still in the 40,s at night . I have to say it was simple and took about 10 minutes including the technique. Mine is down till January that is when the quartzsite rally starts in AZ.

Tbos
11-29-2015, 08:08 AM
I winterized mine today and where still in the 40,s at night . I have to say it was simple and took about 10 minutes including the technique. Mine is down till January that is when the quartzsite rally starts in AZ.
It takes more than 10 minutes for my FW tank and lines to drain. I blow out the lines with a small oil less compressor. It usually takes about an hour at least because I'm pretty picky and want to make sure I get it all. What method do you use?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ImTravis
11-29-2015, 12:16 PM
Took us about an hour and a half, but we were Winterizing ours and helping a friend do his. Then another hour the other day to put a cover on it. All snugged up til April.. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

roadglide
11-29-2015, 06:30 PM
It takes more than 10 minutes for my FW tank and lines to drain. I blow out the lines with a small oil less compressor. It usually takes about an hour at least because I'm pretty picky and want to make sure I get it all. What method do you use?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk My water heater was already drained and my DGF Darling Girl friend was inside running the valves with out help it would have taken longer. I do all the hot water valves first then go back to the cold, close the 2 drain valves under the trailer then catch the pink stuff to use in the drains . One gallon of pink stuff.

dave-g
11-30-2015, 02:34 AM
I blow our my lines with air, than pump 2 gallons into each holding tank ( I have 2 gray, 1- black.]) I'm all ways worried that there is some water left in the tanks or traps and want to get a good mix of anti freeze in there. At $2.99 a gallon its the cheapest insurance you can buy.

I could most likely do the job faster than the 1 1/2 hours it takes me, but its a sad day- I think next year I'm going to try putting it at a seasonal site for the year to see If I can get more time in it.

HANGAR
11-30-2015, 10:18 AM
It dropped down into the upper 40's last night here in Southern California. Winterizing for me is finding where I put my jacket from last season. I wish you guys the best of luck tucking your rigs away for hibernation.