PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 4014LEV

mrxlh
04-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Still happy with my Raptor 4014LEV, 4 trips so far no issues other than what was found on trip 1. There, how about a positive post for a change. :)

Handysam
04-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Yes, we will take it. Sometimes it just takes a good attitude and a little patience. Happy Camping, Sam

Toy Hauler
04-16-2012, 09:36 AM
We bought a 2012 4014LEV last fall and managed to drag it out on one trip. My wife is hounding me to start booking campsites. Like me, she loves the unit and can't wait to get back on the road.

So far, we've had only minor fit and finish issues.

hoffbrew
04-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Still happy with my Raptor 4014LEV, 4 trips so far no issues other than what was found on trip 1. There, how about a positive post for a change. :)

Glad to hear! I just looked at that same model over the weekend, we are thinking about selling our 3612 for a new one. How does this tow with F350? What is your dry weight on the 4014LEV? I have been double checking my tow weight but I get different answers from every web site!

mrxlh
04-17-2012, 06:09 PM
It tows just fine with the F-350. I have yet to weigh it. If the dry weight was even close to published I am probably around 16ish loaded, without toys.

SmittysRV
04-20-2012, 01:23 PM
We have a 4014LEV as well and I tow mine with a 350 srw. I am looking at getting a dually as in wind it can be a tad white knucleish... Love the Raptor Velocity 4014LEV though!!! You just cant beet the floor plan and that 14' garage!!:bdance:

hoffbrew
04-21-2012, 06:52 AM
We have a 4014LEV as well and I tow mine with a 350 srw. I am looking at getting a dually as in wind it can be a tad white knucleish... Love the Raptor Velocity 4014LEV though!!! You just cant beet the floor plan and that 14' garage!!:bdance:

What year is your 350?

saltflatracer
04-21-2012, 07:09 AM
We got our 4014 last fall as well and love it. Have several trips planned for this summer & fall. Our Chevy 3500 dually tows it without a problem. Happy camping to you all!

mrxlh
04-21-2012, 07:48 AM
I have about 20 total trips in it since I purchased it in 2011. I have had a few issues, nothing I consider out of the norm, and would definatley buy it all over again.

Water leak on black flush connection, fuel tanks wired backwards, door into garage wouldn't stay closed, fuel pump on generator (see backwards wired tanks, think dealer damaged the pump trying to prime from an empty fuel tank) toilet seal (water wont stay in toilet bowl) and toilet just started burping.

Not one single question about warranty, always fixed in a timely manner and ready when I specify a date. They even plug it in for me to have the fridge cool when I have picked it up and planned on going camping that day.

Kudos to Keystone, and Bayou Outdoors in Bossier City, LA. Bayou's parts department has to have one of the most friendliest and knowledgeable salesman I have ever met. He will tell you what you need, as well as how to do it yourself. He has saved me a bunch of money on things I really didn't need.

SmittysRV
05-21-2012, 03:52 PM
What year is your 350?

its a 2002 7.3 liter Diesel.

SmittysRV
05-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Does anyone else with the 4014 have issues with the rear awning? The awning that covers the rear patio on mine has wear marks on the material on both sides. The marks are symmetrical and appear to be caused from the awning itself. Mine has been in the shop for 3 weeks now and Keystone and Dominic are indicating tis the other ones responsibility to fix it. I just want it fixed and to get my trailer back....:confused:

mrxlh
05-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Don't have the rear awning option on mine, so I can't tell you anything about it.

Toy Hauler
08-01-2012, 09:11 PM
After several trips and several thousand miles, we're still happy with our 4014. We've only had minor issues and all were quickly rectified by our dealer.

Just today, I tried using the black flush system for the first time. I could hear the water going in but nothing was coming out. That's when I realized the valves were mislabelled - all this time when I thought I was draining the black tank, I had been dumping the grey. Ack! Another easy fix.

Whitehouse
08-08-2012, 03:18 AM
I have about 20 total trips in it since I purchased it in 2011. I have had a few issues, nothing I consider out of the norm, and would definatley buy it all over again.

Water leak on black flush connection, fuel tanks wired backwards, door into garage wouldn't stay closed, fuel pump on generator (see backwards wired tanks, think dealer damaged the pump trying to prime from an empty fuel tank) toilet seal (water wont stay in toilet bowl) and toilet just started burping.

Not one single question about warranty, always fixed in a timely manner and ready when I specify a date. They even plug it in for me to have the fridge cool when I have picked it up and planned on going camping that day.

Kudos to Keystone, and Bayou Outdoors in Bossier City, LA. Bayou's parts department has to have one of the most friendliest and knowledgeable salesman I have ever met. He will tell you what you need, as well as how to do it yourself. He has saved me a bunch of money on things I really didn't need.

We dont own a 2012 but have a 2009 w/14' garage & so far nothing but good things to say about it. Tow it w/a 2008 F350 DRW. Our door also doesn't stay latched. What fix did your dealer do?

Btw this is our 2nd Raptor. 1st one was a. 2006 3612DS that was proble
free outside of small warranty items.

Whitehouse
08-08-2012, 03:21 AM
After several trips and several thousand miles, we're still happy with our 4014. We've only had minor issues and all were quickly rectified by our dealer.

Just today, I tried using the black flush system for the first time. I could hear the water going in but nothing was coming out. That's when I realized the valves were mislabelled - all this time when I thought I was draining the black tank, I had been dumping the grey. Ack! Another easy fix.

That sucks. At least you found out. The valves on my 2009 are labelled different than my 2006. I'm thinking I need to do a little test myself.

JRTJH
08-08-2012, 07:19 AM
That sucks. At least you found out. The valves on my 2009 are labelled different than my 2006. I'm thinking I need to do a little test myself.

Just one more reason to have a "see through" adapter for your sewer hose. It may not be "esthetically pleasing" to watch "brown trout" but it sure is a necessary evil when it comes to dumping and cleaning RV holding tanks.....

SmittysRV
08-12-2012, 08:51 PM
My 2011 4014 valves were labeled wrong also, what's the deal? I also found out that the rear fuel fill is for the gen and the front fill goes to the fuel station, wtf? Just some interesting things iv noticed about Keystone. I just changed to an Air Safe Hitch and Wow, it sure makes the pull smoother and stuff doesn't seem to shift inside as much and my door stayed closed on our last trip we just get home from....168516861687

mrxlh
08-17-2012, 02:42 PM
We dont own a 2012 but have a 2009 w/14' garage & so far nothing but good things to say about it. Tow it w/a 2008 F350 DRW. Our door also doesn't stay latched. What fix did your dealer do?

Btw this is our 2nd Raptor. 1st one was a. 2006 3612DS that was proble
free outside of small warranty items.

They replaced the door casing. The actual catch and mortise were in the wrong spot. I could have made it work, but they fixed it under warranty.

mrxlh
08-17-2012, 02:44 PM
My 2011 4014 valves were labeled wrong also, what's the deal? I also found out that the rear fuel fill is for the gen and the front fill goes to the fuel station, wtf? Just some interesting things iv noticed about Keystone. I just changed to an Air Safe Hitch and Wow, it sure makes the pull smoother and stuff doesn't seem to shift inside as much and my door stayed closed on our last trip we just get home from....168516861687

Did you verify this by tracing the hoses, or by the gas gauges? I crawled under mine and verified that they rear was the fuel station and the front was indeed the genset, however the gages were wired backwards.

Toy Hauler
04-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Did you verify this by tracing the hoses, or by the gas gauges? I crawled under mine and verified that they rear was the fuel station and the front was indeed the genset, however the gages were wired backwards.

I suspect that I might have the same problem as you. The genset guage showed full but it wouldn't run. The fuel station guage showed empty and when I put fuel into that tank, the genset fired up.

How did you correct the wiring issue?

SmittysRV
04-29-2013, 04:23 PM

My front tank is for my fuel station and the rear tank is for the Gen. The fuel gauges work accordingly. I just thought it was strange why they wouldn’t hook up the closer tank to the connected source. Also my front waste valves were labeled wrong. My rear one is Black and the front one is Grey… What’s up with the label guy over at Keystone?

Festus2
04-29-2013, 04:44 PM
SmittysRV -
You are just one in a growing number of members who have had their tanks mislabeled. :(

What's wrong with the label guy you ask? Who knows? Apparently Keystone doesn't think anything is wrong as he or she is still there and still getting the black and gray tanks mixed up. Colour blind? A gremlin in Keystone overalls? A mole from Forest River trying to sabotage Keystone's reputation? :D

Sorry, it's past the point of being ridiculous.:banghead: