PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Avalanche 290RL

albertr
04-02-2011, 07:35 AM
We are back home from Arizona after spending 2 months living in the Avalanche and driving 2700 miles. Had a few minor problems. Initially one brake locked up and continually ran hotter than other wheels. They could not find a problem at the dealer but replaced the magnet on that wheel as suggested by Keystone. Still runs warmer but much better. A couple of water leaks and replaced Fan-tastic fan in- line fuse and thats about it. Will replace two very heavy recliners and the sofa. Al

hikeril
10-11-2011, 05:53 PM
My DW and I own a 290rl. Have you replaced the recliners? WOW, are they heavy! I thought about doing the same.

mikell
10-12-2011, 06:10 AM
We can't figure out why there soooo heavy we like them but at 200 lbs each they are more than a bit heavy

albertr
10-12-2011, 02:12 PM
We replaced the recliners and the sofa. Recliners are so much easier to move into place when moving and they dont move around and beat up the window blind framing. Couch is a double recliner love seat.

hikeril
10-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Where did you purchase your new furniture?

albertr
10-14-2011, 09:26 AM
A little off topic but since we are talking about the 290rl.... My Avalanche 5th wheel has grease lubricated suspension bushings on equalizer spring hangers. Because the grease fittings are somewhat behind the tires I have not been able to grease those bushings. On Monday I will remove the wheels to accomplish this....seems a bit drastic. I have mentioned this a couple of times with no response. I guess I am the only one with this problem. Interesting.. Al

hankpage
10-14-2011, 10:25 AM
A little off topic but since we are talking about the 290rl.... My Avalanche 5th wheel has grease lubricated suspension bushings on equalizer spring hangers. Because the grease fittings are somewhat behind the tires I have not been able to grease those bushings. On Monday I will remove the wheels to accomplish this....seems a bit drastic. I have mentioned this a couple of times with no response. I guess I am the only one with this problem. Interesting.. Al

Have you checked any of those posts???????

geo
10-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Thank you, Hank.

Al - I've replied to you twice. (Once thinking your forum id concerned where you lived and not your actual name . . . sorry.) In your post, I understood that you were able to get to the grease fittings (also known as grease zerts) but were not able to push grease into those zerts. I had the same problem with two zerts on my Alpine. A quick trip to the auto parts store resulted in a package of new zerts - they are pretty much all standard - and in less than 5 minutes, I was able to lubricate those suspension bushings!

Ron