PDA

View Full Version : low tire mystery

buckeyebobhockingcamper
11-15-2015, 11:48 AM
ok, i had my 5er at dealer for some warranty work,2 weeks,i go to pick it up tire has 20 lbs in it!they air it up to 80 squirt bubble leak finder all over it and no leaks.i take it home park it and no air loss.where does 60 lbs of air go?

JRTJH
11-15-2015, 12:14 PM
Summer air is less dense than winter air, so maybe......

No, but one potential explanation is that when it was parked at the dealership, the tires were "twerked" just enough to pull the rim away from the mounting surface of the tire, creating a very slow leak. Once filled, and parked with "even pressure" on the tires, the rim is sealed and doesn't leak.... I've had tires that leaked once and never leaked again, just something that can't always be explained or repaired.... Just watch it closely until you have confidence in it again.....

buckeyebobhockingcamper
11-15-2015, 05:44 PM
the man at dealership said they park tite with a tractor and maybe sharp turn did it,right rear tire sooo all the others were ok,leave for keys dec 26 so i have some time to watch it ,china rim and tire who knows,thanks for advice

bsmith0404
11-15-2015, 07:57 PM
I've seen valve stems leak and then stop. I have steal valve stems, but always carry extra cores with me.

T11ravis
11-16-2015, 03:50 AM
I've seen valve stems leak and then stop. I have steal valve stems, but always carry extra cores with me.

Same here, I've replaced a few stems over the years.
Never resorted to stealing them though... :D

buckeyebobhockingcamper
11-19-2015, 12:48 PM
well the tire in question is still holding air and not loosing any ,must have been the twerking thanks for replys,buckeyebob