PDA

View Full Version : Fall Project - WirelessOne Compressor Install

slow
11-14-2015, 05:47 PM
I found a good deal on a WirelessOne compressor system last month (~$200 CDN after rebate) and thought I would install it next spring. Luckily, it was much warmer today than normal, so I did the install.

Since I decided to use the upfitter switch, the most difficult part was connecting the wires for the upfitter switches under the dash and under the hood. If Ford provided 3 extra inches of wire on each end, it would have been much easier.

I also made a mounting plate so the compressor is located on the inside of the frame rail behind the transfer case on the driver's side.

Photos of the install are in my albums:
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/album.php?albumid=734

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=734&pictureid=3778

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=734&pictureid=3779

I checked the system pressure with a digital gage from 5 to 50 psi. The fob display and gage reading matched or were within 1/2 psi through the whole range. Much better control than I expected.

The compressor is relatively loud, but it only runs for a few seconds so i do not expect it to be a nuisance.

trueweb
11-14-2015, 07:35 PM
You'll love it. So much easier than filling the bags and emptying them manually.

slow
11-14-2015, 07:48 PM
You'll love it. So much easier than filling the bags and emptying them manually.

Yep, looking forward to using it. My previous TV had air bags that I filled manually for way too many years........ what a PITA.

Nagrompj
12-14-2015, 05:51 PM
I just installed the Wireless One on my F-250. I removed the spare tire and mounted everything on the frame above it, then re-installed the spare. I wired it to the auxiliary power at the trailer plug. The power is turned off by the auxiliary relay when the engine is turned off and if I remember correctly its 50 amps, also installed the fuse that was supplied with the compressor.

GMcKenzie
12-20-2015, 08:14 AM
Where did you buy it from? I'm thinking of airbags in the spring and looking at compressor option. Also, can you put a small tank in with it? I'd like to be able to use the compressor to fill tires if needed.

slow
04-02-2016, 02:27 PM
Sorry, I missed your earlier post GMcKenzie. I bought it from Amazon.ca when it was $276 CDN (just over $200 after rebate in $US) last fall but on back order. It is now listed at $420 CDN.

I believe a tank could be added, but you would have to add valves to the lines to separate the tank from the bags since I assume you would want the tank pressure higher than the bags most of the time. Also note that the compressor in the wirelessone system is very small and has a low duty cycle. Fine for airbags, but may not be adequate for a larger tank. The specs state 15% duty cycle at 72F & 100 psi. They also state 20 seconds ON and 110 seconds OFF at 72F & 100 psi.

I did have a very slow leak of ~5 psi per day that took some time to track down since it did not show up with the soap water test. It was a bad inlet fitting to the manifold. Airlift was willing to replace the whole manifold, but I declined since it was easy to swap out the fitting.

chuckster57
04-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Very nice!!

I had Air Lift 5000 bags on my old TV with manual fill/dump. When I bought my current TV, I decided to install 5000 bags with onboard air. Sure is nice to be able to adjust on the fly! If I replace my TV again, wireless may be an option.

rjsurfer
04-03-2016, 01:51 AM
I installed my compressor under the rear seat in my Dodge 2500 and placed the air bag fittings right next to it. Really simple to fill them.

Ron W.

huhhhhh
03-12-2017, 07:17 PM
Where did you tap into the #4 power uplifter?

huhhhhh
03-12-2017, 07:24 PM
I wired it to the auxiliary power at the trailer plug. The power is turned off by the auxiliary relay when the engine is turned off and if I remember correctly its 50 amps, also installed the fuse that was supplied with the compressor.

Where on the trailer plug or how far back from it did you tap in?

xcntrk
03-17-2017, 04:30 AM
{Edit} I just realized this thread is over a year old

Nice job! You even loomed the air lines - wow that's thorough! I used to run that system on a different truck and loved the tiny wireless FOB.

Note you'll have to relocate the unit if you ever choose to upgrade to a larger mid-ship fuel tank. That's right where the Titan/Transferflow tanks sit.