PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

jsmith948
11-11-2015, 05:58 AM
To all of our members who are Vets or families of Vets.....THANK YOU:)

SAABDOCTOR
11-11-2015, 06:01 AM
Ya beat me to it!! Thank you to all that have and are serving our country. God bless you all:usa:

vampress_me
11-11-2015, 06:39 AM
Yes, a big thank from our family to all veterans and their families. We appreciate all the sacrifices you have made, and all the benefits you have brought to this country.

JRTJH
11-11-2015, 06:59 AM
We have a growing number of active duty members and a huge number of veteran members. To each and every one, thank you for keeping us safe and preserving our freedom so that another generation of Americans can experience the greatness of our nation. You are our Superman, Batman, Spiderman, but more than these, you are our HERO !!!

Jim & DJ
11-11-2015, 08:34 AM
(tx) DITTO !

KanTC
11-11-2015, 09:00 AM
Yes indeed - Thank you "all" for your service!

Kevin & Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

roadglide
11-11-2015, 04:40 PM
Setting here watching and listening to the concert for valor on HBO . My dad is WW11 veteran . We where schedule to be in a ceremony today but he was to weak at 94 . Marine corps birth day was yesterday at 240 years.

14george
11-11-2015, 04:43 PM
You all are welcome glad to have served. Do it all over again

JRTJH
11-11-2015, 05:10 PM
A good friend sent me this, I thought I'd share:

Today’s a day that I hold close to my heart…

It’s the day millions of brave American men and women are honored for their service to our great country.

And while I am eternally grateful for their service and sacrifice every day of the year, this is the day we stop and recognize them for what they’ve done.

This is the day we stop and simply say…"Thank you."

From every generation, every war, and every branch of service…these selfless individuals raised their hands to say, "Yes, I vow to dedicate my life to protecting the freedoms bestowed upon us by our forefathers, and to protecting my fellow countrymen."

They wrote a blank check to the United States of America, the greatest country on Earth. And that check could be redeemed for anything, up to and including their own lives.

As is true of every military operation: All gave some, and some gave all.

And to me, nothing deserves greater praise and recognition.

So, it’s with a grateful heart I share this message with all of you:

To every man and every woman who has served, who continues to serve, and who plans to serve in the future, from each branch of the military, from every corner of our great nation, please know that your commitment to our country and the freedoms we all cherish every day will never go unnoticed.

Your country is forever in your debt and will be forever thankful for your service.

bsmith0404
11-12-2015, 04:22 AM
Thanks to all. The appreciation for our service and sacrifices is very humbling.

I'll be honest that the appreciation from the people of this great nation adds a cherry on top of a career that most people will never understand. To look at the flag every day and know that you had a part in keeping it flying high, to see a bald Eagle soar and recognize the strength and beauty it represents, to see parents playing with their children in a park and know it is partly possible due to the sacrifices you have made and the times you missed you with your children/family during deployments makes this service/job/career the most rewarding anyone could every experience. Service to this great nation may not be the best paying job financially, but it is unrivaled emotionally.