PDA

View Full Version : Front Landing Jacks Second Failure

rcbufalino
11-08-2015, 03:08 PM
Hello
Went to hook 2012 Fuzion 412 TH with front electric landing jacks. Second time that the passenger front electric jack failed mechanically. The firs time the dealer replace a pin in the horizontal rod connecting the driver side to the the passenger side. At this point I cannot lower the TH to a height to hook up to TV. Has anyone had this type of problem, and if so what was the outcome

chuckster57
11-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Did the pin shear off again?

rcbufalino
11-08-2015, 03:22 PM
Thats what I'm thinking, same side as last time in less than three months ago. Have not used it that much since the last repair

chuckster57
11-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Problem with roll pins I have seen is they drift to one side and then shear off. I have replaced a few with grade 8 bolts with a nylock nut.

If that proves to be the problem, make sure you "time" the legs so there is equal pressure on both feet.

Javi
11-08-2015, 03:34 PM
The question would be..... is the pin in question designed as a link pin or as a shear pin.. If it is a link pin then replacing it with a bolt and locking nut would not be a problem. If it is a shear pin designed to protect the motor from breakage, then not so much.

dcg9381
11-09-2015, 07:33 AM
I know of a Carbon owner (37') that has the same issue - pin shear. He said that some wear was indicated before it failed. In terms of fix, not much you can do other than replace with a better quality pin. A grade 8+ bolt is probably a good suggestion.

rcbufalino
11-09-2015, 07:59 AM
done and done, local mobile mechanice came and fixed it, 30 bucks later I'm a happy camper

dave-g
11-14-2015, 03:04 AM
they are sheer pins- not bolts.

stop legs before all the way up or down. I have paint on mine.
lube all moving parts.
make sure feet hit ground at same time.

Sheer pins are like a fuse in an electric system. They are there to protect the system from a bigger failure. Find out what is causing the pin to fail.