PDA

View Full Version : Simulated wood trim

1l243
11-03-2015, 08:39 PM
My brand new and still not used Premier TT has a couple of places where the phony wood trim around the bathroom door is split and peeling. Any sugestions for a fix.

I guess I could take it in for warranty repair but I prefer to fix these things myself..

chuckster57
11-03-2015, 08:56 PM
It is a warranty item, and as such should be replaced. I would send a couple of photos to your selling dealer.

First one, an overview of the trim and its location in the trailer. Second one a close up clearly showing the defect.

It's possible they might have some trim on hand. When we do warranty replacements, the trim comes in 8' lengths and if the repair takes say 3' then we save the other 5. I have tried repairing trim that has peeled/split but haven't had much luck. It is glued on, and maybe a heat gun and damp cloth may work. Be careful how much heat you apply as the "trim" will shrink and wrinkle fairly easily.

therink
11-04-2015, 03:57 PM
I also had a few trim, drawer issues when my rig was new. I took exact measurements and emailed with photos to the service writer at my dealer. He obtained the parts and warranty approval. When I received the parts I repaired it myself. He asked that I bring him the old parts so he could be reimbursed. Worked out well for me. I also did this with a new outside kitchen door assembly and it also worked out well.
I prefer to do my own work as I feel I do it better.

B-O-B'03
11-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Our trailer, when it was brand new, had a leak in the kitchen drain line, that runs under the fridge and above the furnace (caused by the Bozo that roto-zip cut the hole for the outside outlet) and the water that leaked out ruined the control board of the furnace and caused some of the trim under the fridge to swell.

My dealer shipped me a new control broad for the furnace, over night and he had to order the trim piece, after I gave him the measurements.

Keystone drop shipped an 8 foot piece of trim to me, to replace one that was about 20 inches... I have some spare now :)

The trim and wood in these things is crap, at best, but it good to have a dealer that is willing to help. They even sent me money to cover my labor for the repair.

-Brian