PDA

View Full Version : Oops!! Broke some stuff Sunday

JoePK
11-03-2015, 06:05 PM
I had a total brain fart and didn't double check everything, and ended up bending my power jack pole and foot. We were camping at the beach, and we needed more leveling on one side. So, I went to back off the board to add another one, and forgot the tongue jack was down already. It really thrashed my pole and foot. Now I have a $200 boo boo to fix. I guess quadruple checking is in my future. :)

Tbos
11-03-2015, 06:24 PM
I had a total brain fart and didn't double check everything, and ended up bending my power jack pole and foot. We were camping at the beach, and we needed more leveling on one side. So, I went to back off the board to add another one, and forgot the tongue jack was down already. It really thrashed my pole and foot. Now I have a $200 boo boo to fix. I guess quadruple checking is in my future. :)
Ouch. Recently I was driving and someone flagged me down to let me know my steps were down. Could have easily been something else. At least changing out a jack is pretty easy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Pull Toy
11-04-2015, 03:02 PM
Sorry 'bout that, but we've all done Boo-boos! Bet you won't do it again, and thankfully, no-one was hurt.

I have a firm rule in our household, when I'm leveling, hitching, un-hitching, etc.... LEAVE ME ALONE, I need to concentrate!!!!

As an afterthought, I've always thought that campgrounds should add a sign at the exit. "Thanks, now check your antenna, steps, brakelights, brakes etc... we want you to be safe, and return next year!"

old timer
11-08-2015, 05:41 AM
I got the Anderson levelers and love them.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=anderson+leveler&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=3527264152&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6krdc9cz53_e
No more boards to carry. No more backing up because it's not level enough. I believe it lifts the trailer up 4 inches at max lift. I had those plastic things that you stack up but its a guessing game as to how many you need. With the Anderson levelers its one and done. I didn't have to cut the end ether because my axles are far enough apart to get them between the wheels.

Tbos
11-08-2015, 12:11 PM
With dual axles do you use 1 or 2 of them?

slow
11-08-2015, 02:50 PM
With dual axles do you use 1 or 2 of them?

Yes, one under each tire on the same side..

JoePK
11-08-2015, 07:52 PM
I almost bought those type of levelers, because I really like the idea and ease. Unfortunately, my Fastway wheel chocks won't work with them. They need a flat service to press against to lock.

jkohler70
11-09-2015, 05:50 AM
I bent a stabilizer that way. Only retracted it a few inches so I could move the rig, and forgot to move the wood blocks out of the way.

Barbell
11-11-2015, 02:09 PM
When we are either setting up or getting ready to move, the wife has one job only; keep any spectators/neighbors/etc away from me. We were parked next to a big TH a few years ago whose owner was a big talker. He was getting ready to move and talking to some people at the same time. Got all hooked up and started to leave. Went about six feet and discovered one jack had not retracted. Bent that sucker about 45 degrees. Of course if he hadn't had a dually Powerstroke, he wouldn't have had the power to do that.

TonyCO
11-11-2015, 09:09 PM
X2 on the Andersen Levelers. I love them. Put one under each tire and you're done. It's an easy one man operation. The only downfall I can see is it truly is 4" max, but I haven't run into any problems with them. Definitely recommend the product.

squeak93
11-12-2015, 11:02 AM
As an afterthought, I've always thought that campgrounds should add a sign at the exit. "Thanks, now check your antenna, steps, brakelights, brakes etc... we want you to be safe, and return next year!"

The KOA in Salina KS has this and even makes mention to check that the DW is on board as well. :) My wife got a kick out of it. "bouncey: